LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bull ****

Hybrid View

Images

Bull ****

http://www.nctimes.com/news/state-an...661416ab3.html

Read this ridiculous nonsense. Its not midatlantic, but there is steam coming out of my ears. This is illegal and immoral.

very disapointing...

Images
    Im angry now. How is this a "victory for all San Diegans"?

Wow! That is insane..I'm glad I don't live on the west coast.

thats ****ing digusting. who the hell would sign a bill that says that ? and partly treated sewage thats going to kill so much marine wild life

Images
    It is treated sewage... but only partly treated. Thats f'cking ridiculous they are doing that in this day and age.

I cant believe this could happen in the capital of enviornmental nut jobs. There is more to this than meets the eye. People need to get together and let the politicians know this aint gonna fly. VOTE THEM OUT. Wait till mother earth hears about this - the whole state may slide into the ocean.

sewage in local waters

Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    http://www.nctimes.com/news/state-an...661416ab3.html

Read this ridiculous nonsense. Its not midatlantic, but there is steam coming out of my ears. This is illegal and immoral.
    it's ridiculous but until citizens like Riverkeepers sue every major city to force them to upgrade their sewage treatment, this will continue. Almost every major city in the country dumps raw sewage at some point into local waters. Washington DC signed a consent decree and is digging huge underground storage tanks to hold stormwater and sewage during heavy rains so that Blue Plains doesn't dump raw sewage into the Potomac. LA and Atlanta have also signed consent decrees because of lawsuits by Riverkeepers and Natural Resources Defense Council. It seems logical that surfers should be activists on water quality issues. Okay, off my soap box.... Some really fun waves today!

Images
    Zach, I'm glad you are frustrated and angry, because this is not a laughing matter. I hope you get a WHOLE LOT of people angry about this because it is VERY unacceptable

Images
    See, we always do unite, and there is a local organization that always SUES san diego every time they do this, and then San Diego pays MILLIONS of dollars in penalty.... Thats the point of this article. From now on, they cannot be sued. Technically right now, they will not be breaking the law... Thats the problem. They basically legalized pollution so they cannot be privately or publicly sued... Shady business. I mean, start taxing all the tourism and stuff. There are a million other options out there, and since the wrong people are in office, these great solutions are never considered and swept under the rug because they cost money. So fu**ing wrong. And shame on DC, Atlanta and EVERYONE who has allowed these things to happen to their own cities. Shame on all of them. DC makes me a little more angry than San Diego, because if local DC citizens voice their dismay over this topic, they would have the White House listening. And if the White house has listened, and just doesn't care, shame on them too.