LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: Interesting....

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Monmouth County.
    Posts
    573
    Images
    171

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Va beach/ocmd
    Posts
    112
    Images
    35
    represent, very good article

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Central, NJ
    Posts
    1,082
    Images
    27
    Yeah, I read that earlier..very interesting and good.



    COME ON YOU STAND UP SURFERS!! BRING ON THE COMMENTS!!!

    Here's mine:

    SUCK IT!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ventnor
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by rgnsup View Post
    Yeah, I read that earlier..very interesting and good.



    COME ON YOU STAND UP SURFERS!! BRING ON THE COMMENTS!!!

    Here's mine:

    SUCK IT!
    Those guys are riding some of the most dangerous waves in the world and they get my utmost respect. They are not on waves in NJ that can be ridden by anyone with a boogie-board.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Monmouth County.
    Posts
    573
    Images
    171
    I have to agree with Austin on this one. sorry rgnsup, I respect anyone in the water, but not people that say things like that for no reason........


    Great article by the way i thought.Suprising that i saw it on espn.com

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Central, NJ
    Posts
    1,082
    Images
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ SPONGIN View Post
    I have to agree with Austin on this one. sorry rgnsup, I respect anyone in the water, but not people that say things like that for no reason........


    Great article by the way i thought.Suprising that i saw it on espn.com
    Are you a sponger? Because you should know that the face was put there for a reason... the reason being, I'm only kidding and all the comments from stand up surfers are always serious.

    Also, you should not agree with him, because not everyone can ride waves in NJ on a "boogie board". And yes, I challenge anyone who does not bodyboard and thinks they can hop on it and go like the pros..to do so! I want to see it.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Monmouth County.
    Posts
    573
    Images
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by rgnsup View Post
    Are you a sponger? Because you should know that the face was put there for a reason... the reason being, I'm only kidding and all the comments from stand up surfers are always serious.

    Also, you should not agree with him, because not everyone can ride waves in NJ on a "boogie board". And yes, I challenge anyone who does not bodyboard and thinks they can hop on it and go like the pros..to do so! I want to see it.
    WOW i wont lie, it didnt even come to my mind that there was a face there. I would have known you were kidding then, my fault. Yes i do sponge. I believe anyone can "boogie board" and just ride straight in, but no your right not everyone can just start and go like the pros.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    ocmd
    Posts
    705
    Images
    10
    This article has been spreading like wildfire throughout the online bodyboarding community today. And I'm sure someone will have some 'cool' comments to say about it. LOSTsoul where are ya buddy?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Southern Coastal Delaware
    Posts
    238
    Images
    97
    If you want to group everyone in a general category, then the people who come down to the beach for a day & rent a soft surfboard & ride a wave a few yards would be considered surfers. Same dumb logic.

    Just as anything there are levels of skill. Even in NJ, I guarantee there are BBERS who will gladly paddle out & play around in waves that most any surfer will want nothing to do with.

    The surfer's in the article Laird, Cory Lopez & AUS surfer "Jughead" said that many of the slab waves ridden were pioneered by BBERS. Those are the top guys in the world charging waves & they have respect for the BBERS that dared ride the waves surfers are towing into now.

    Surfers with the additude concerning BBERS & their hate for them, have a serious lack of self confidence.

    This is not a dig on surfing whatsoever, I love watching good surfing, just find it funny that the ones who seem to have problems with BBERS are generally the ones who are far from being good enough surfers to talk crap to anyone.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck white View Post
    If you want to group everyone in a general category, then the people who come down to the beach for a day & rent a soft surfboard & ride a wave a few yards would be considered surfers. Same dumb logic.
    lol!! true