LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: reports wanted

reports wanted

i'm not trying to sell anything,i'm just checking it.one of the only things lacking for me on swellinfo is i'd like some real reports.i realize someone could report epic for their two closeout shoulder hops and another guy reports poor because he wasn't getting barrelled and coming out dry.i think we've got some worthless reporters in my general area who seem to might as well look at the forecast and say it's good when it's really not,no specifics,but it's offshore and there's waves so it's good.i like when actual surfers who understand the break they check give a true surf report,not this buy my burrito happy garbage.

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbreak View Post
    i'm not trying to sell anything,i'm just checking it.one of the only things lacking for me on swellinfo is i'd like some real reports.i realize someone could report epic for their two closeout shoulder hops and another guy reports poor because he wasn't getting barrelled and coming out dry.i think we've got some worthless reporters in my general area who seem to might as well look at the forecast and say it's good when it's really not,no specifics,but it's offshore and there's waves so it's good.i like when actual surfers who understand the break they check give a true surf report,not this buy my burrito happy garbage.
    there is usually a report here and there... some people walk outside and come back but its hard to get a steady thing like that. dukestorm.com has reports every morning

yeah,well,i check the other site you mentioned,and you are correct,but it sure leaves a lot to be desired,they are no great shakes,either.
    it's southeast wind in mantoloking dumping almost low tide right now poor.

reports:

If I get some good waves and it's at a good break I am not telling you! That would be crazy. Chances are, good surfers generally know where to find waves and they can make them look good. So what you are saying is that you want someone to get out out of the water who surfs exactly like you who is not getting paid by you and who reports just like you to give you a report so you can go surfing...See where I am getting at? Part of surfing is the "SEARCH!" I spend a lot of days looking and hoping for waves to be better at different spots. So should you. No freebies on swellinfo. This site is already giving you a ton of information for FREE. Now become a REAL WATERMEN and figure out how to put 1 and 1 together!

Wink

I can see both points but the thing is after your session is done it really doesn't hurt to leave a surf report because you won't be in the water unless your planning a double.When you do leave a report it doesn't have to be the exact spot you surfed.Im sure most of you checked more then one spot before you got wet anyways.The main reason why we go on surfing sites is to get reports so I think its helpful when fellow surfers do give a report.

With the amount of information available on the internet these days, and paying a little attention to swell / winds on days you go out at various spots.....it's really not hard to tell what's going on by just looking at the size chart.

Quote Originally Posted by SkegLegs View Post
    With the amount of information available on the internet these days, and paying a little attention to swell / winds on days you go out at various spots.....it's really not hard to tell what's going on by just looking at the size chart.
    seriously...you checked the forecast & saw that there was potential. now it's up to YOU. get off your azz, go outside, & find yourself some waves!
    people rely on websites like this one far too much for their own good. forecast sites, like this one, are great for planning early escapes from work, playing hooky out-right, & things like that. relying on them to decide whether or not you even go to the beach is ridiculous.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    seriously...you checked the forecast & saw that there was potential. now it's up to YOU. get off your azz, go outside, & find yourself some waves!
    people rely on websites like this one far too much for their own good. forecast sites, like this one, are great for planning early escapes from work, playing hooky out-right, & things like that. relying on them to decide whether or not you even go to the beach is ridiculous.
    Exactly. This site provided alot of useful information but its up to you in the end to pic the right spot. It maybe be head high but different beaches in the town they are calling that forcast for .But Each beach has little differences that can alter that forcast such and bottom contours, and it has gained or lost alot of sand from recent storms.

Local knowledge is something that is not learned overnight. Aswell as knowledge of the sea. Its something that comes overtime. You just gotta put forth the effort and get off you but and take notice to what things are doing around you

uh,i just like reports when i'm stuck at work,and i lke to hear how it looks at different spots and times.i don't report after surfing,just when i check it.sorry if you don't understand.i really don't need the lesson you gave.the 3 kook reporters in my area are a waste of time,so i thought maybe we could do better.

i'm sorry,i didn't really want an argument,it's just boring inland wanting to know how it really looks,as all the forecast tools can be off and then the kook who does report always says it's good if there's waves and it's offshore,but then why are all the pier guys at the inlet?or the kook calls 'not today' because the forecast calls it all small but then there's waves,he didn't really check it or doesn't know how,so i'm just sending it out that there are three reporters in my general area that are completely worthless.
    i check brick beach on my way to work because i can drive right up and see the break from my car and at least get a sense of what the swell really looks like,and the forecast tools can not do that,and since i would like some others to,i report my observation,though this break is most often not good,but today it looks very good.so i apologize if you don't understand,but there are false reporting kooks every day for my area on swellinfo,and swellinfo deserves better,because everything else swellinfo is the best.