LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: reports wanted

Quote Originally Posted by beachbreak View Post
    i'm sorry,i didn't really want an argument,it's just boring inland wanting to know how it really looks,as all the forecast tools can be off and then the kook who does report always says it's good if there's waves and it's offshore,but then why are all the pier guys at the inlet?or the kook calls 'not today' because the forecast calls it all small but then there's waves,he didn't really check it or doesn't know how,so i'm just sending it out that there are three reporters in my general area that are completely worthless.
    i check brick beach on my way to work because i can drive right up and see the break from my car and at least get a sense of what the swell really looks like,and the forecast tools can not do that,and since i would like some others to,i report my observation,though this break is most often not good,but today it looks very good.so i apologize if you don't understand,but there are false reporting kooks every day for my area on swellinfo,and swellinfo deserves better,because everything else swellinfo is the best.
    No problems here, there are some decent cams out there. I'm not sure where you live or where you surf. I live in Maryland and have found three different sites with cams in different locations. I don't surf those spots but generally can tell what the swell is doing, whether it's organized, and what the wind is doing to it before I make a decision to drive 1.5 hours.
    PM me if you live in MD and I'll shoot you the links. Cheers.

if you are living inland, what difference does it make to get a "real" report? What do you want a meterologist on the beach with a live camera that analyze surface conditions and waves? Here's my report you herb;

Beach Haven, NJ
    Double Overhead Barrells shooting spit akin to Pipeline.

Enjoy,

-SLADE

Stop Crying!

i'm sorry,i didn't really want an argument,it's just boring inland wanting to know how it really looks,as all the forecast tools can be off and then the kook who does report always says it's good if there's waves and it's offshore,but then why are all the pier guys at the inlet?or the kook calls 'not today' because the forecast calls it all small but then there's waves,he didn't really check it or doesn't know how,so i'm just sending it out that there are three reporters in my general area that are completely worthless.
    i check brick beach on my way to work because i can drive right up and see the break from my car and at least get a sense of what the swell really looks like,and the forecast tools can not do that,and since i would like some others to,i report my observation,though this break is most often not good,but today it looks very good.so i apologize if you don't understand,but there are false reporting kooks every day for my area on swellinfo,and swellinfo deserves better,because everything else swellinfo is the best.
    Stop crying you whipper snapper. You sound like you drive a BMW and have a 7 board quiver from CI. I don't know that, but it sounds that way. Here is an idea. Sell your car, house, everything you own and move to a 3rd world country. In any event, how good is life there? And you are crying because someone won't give you a handout report? PLEASE...there are always waves somewhere. Spare us the crap!

i think some of you misunderstand.some of you seem a bit unkind,too.as for your profile of me,that is funny.yes,bmw,merrick.cams often don't show what it is really like.and some spots don't have cams.is apologizing really 'crying?'i don't name breaks that can be crowded,or ask you to.and i live at the beach,work inland.i don't need to defend myself to you,oblove(that is a very cool real waterman lifeguard in the water name,i bow down to you flipping out on me for whatever reason you're unkind),but i'm way too old to be a whippersnapper.i guess since my parents had me in the surf at my beach since i'm 2 1/2 weeks old qualifies me for in the water status,like we must be kindred spirits.let's be friends.

every little hint helps when stuck inland at work in winter and want to get as many waves as possible before dark,and in those cases somebody looking at it is better than the charts,cams,forecasts,etc..

and do not listen to the three kooks who report from my general area every day,they're wrong almost every day.

beachbreak: I must say, I think it is you who does not understand

come to think of it,if you saw my report today and knew where it was you could go surf there and have it all to yourself instead of following the pack,the cams,the name spots,etc.,especially on this first warm sunny friday where you can bet every kook will be invading,but not here!

by the way,do you think it will be warm enough today for a spring suit?
    tomorrow is the first day of spring.
    they'll be out there trying it this weekend.
    two girls jumped in the water in bikinis at jenks yesterday.
    i couldn't believe it

well,then,why does Micah put the section on his site?
    why does he thank me each time i report?

I also find it interesting to see Scott's report from Hatteras each day to compare to up here. He knows the surf there, and tells it like it is.

by the way,do you think it will be warm enough today for a spring suit?
    O man, that is not gonna help your case!

nickzilla,it was a joke,you know,they will be trying it this weekend.
    unlike a few weeks ago surfing at jenks in the ice storm when it was dark at 11 in the morning and i had to walk through 8 inches of slush to get on to the beach