LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Water temp/wetuit needs?

I'm going to be heading to Cocoa Beach to surf in a few weeks. What kind of suit should I be bringing?

cocoa beach is business casual, a button up shirt and jacket will be more than suitable.

You should bring a Rip Curl or Body Glove wetsuit. Hope this helps

Maybe I should be more specific. Currently in southern NC I am wearing a full 4/3 with booties, no gloves or hood. Do I need to bring my 4/3 full suit, my 3/2 spring suit, or baggies and a tshirt?

I've got a question along the same lines. I am heading down from Virginia to Charleston and St. Augustine the week of April 4 for spring break. What is the water temperature usually like and what type of suit do yall wear? Im currently in a hooded 4/3 amd 5mil boots and gloves so i am trying to get an idea of what im gonna need.

Images
    It's been really cold this year in Brevard County, so bring a full suit, even though you might not need it. A 3/2 should be enough and almost no one wears booties. The water temp is in the mid/upper 60s where I am, about 20 miles south of Cocoa Beach.

Water temperature for Cocoa Beach is 65 which for me is right about board short only conditions provided the air temperature is 65 or higher. I am 220 lbs though, and got a lot of insulation.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by e-bot View Post
    It's been really cold this year in Brevard County, so bring a full suit, even though you might not need it. A 3/2 should be enough and almost no one wears booties. The water temp is in the mid/upper 60s where I am, about 20 miles south of Cocoa Beach.
    Wow, upper 60's.is real cold .You guys should come to N.J.

haha, it got to about 47 in Wilmington, and that is plenty cold for me.

it was down in the lower 50's a few weeks ago down in central florida. the water is only gonna get warmer though. your 3/2 spring should be fine by the time you get down here.