cape may

any one going out in cape may

Matt Johnson

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Images
    hahahahahahahaah love it

he will be wearing a hyperflex

Images
    Not me cause I am working , And besides I have been surfing OCNJ almost all winter. This past week was the first time I surfed Cape May since November.

And yes If I was out I would be wearing my Hyperflex 5/4/3 Flow

Nah. I am hopping the ferry to Delaware. Wanna do Ocean City Md, but I have some jobs to do later in the day, so I am not so sure I have the time. Cape May wasn't so hot the other day. It was decent, but Ocean City or even Stone Harbor, Sea Isle, or most definitely Ocean City were probably better. Cape May is great when it gets a good swell. Isn't the most consistent spots. Poverty doesn't break hardly ever. Maybe a few times every month or every other month. When Poverty is at it's best though it's swamped. People are hopping the ferry from Delmarva, and hitting the Parkway from the North. Oddly enough I was in Central America during the November Noreaster, and that was a rarity of better surf on the Eastern US seaboard than in Costa Rica. Broadway doesn't break too much either. Stockton isn't that great either. The forecast looks like it will hold longer than Ocean City, and AC. It's Cape May though so you never know what to expect. My take is Cape May is some of the best surf in Jersey, and actually some of the best I have surfed on the East Coast. It's just not a consistent spot.
    Last edited by eatswell; Mar 19, 2010 at 05:36 AM.

OC or Cape May

I'll have to decide when I get there. Cape M looks to be the best bet. I'm checking SIC first at 75th. I missed the better part. I need to get some before another longgggggg week of work

I plan to Stay on top of Cape May happenings Next month

cape may likes all the east swells these past couple years.it's caught this swell for 8 days,now.up here had to wait 'til tuesday to surf.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eatswell View Post
    Nah. I am hopping the ferry to Delaware. Wanna do Ocean City Md, but I have some jobs to do later in the day, so I am not so sure I have the time. Cape May wasn't so hot the other day. It was decent, but Ocean City or even Stone Harbor, Sea Isle, or most definitely Ocean City were probably better. Cape May is great when it gets a good swell. Isn't the most consistent spots. Poverty doesn't break hardly ever. Maybe a few times every month or every other month. When Poverty is at it's best though it's swamped. People are hopping the ferry from Delmarva, and hitting the Parkway from the North. Oddly enough I was in Central America during the November Noreaster, and that was a rarity of better surf on the Eastern US seaboard than in Costa Rica. Broadway doesn't break too much either. Stockton isn't that great either. The forecast looks like it will hold longer than Ocean City, and AC. It's Cape May though so you never know what to expect. My take is Cape May is some of the best surf in Jersey, and actually some of the best I have surfed on the East Coast. It's just not a consistent spot.
    If it wanst has choppy It would have been better tuesday. I checked Ocean city and it didnt look better than Cape may in my opinion.

Cape May is a very touchy spot. You have to know what time in the tide cycle is best for which spots and the beaches in Cape May have Changed alot in the past cpl years so the changes alot aswell.

I remeber when a good Nor'eastern would blow threw and the water would be packed with surfers from all over the Tri state area. Now thats a rarity and it has to be a really sizable storm for cape may to do its thing. I rember when The Cove use to be able to hold over head conditions. Now it hardley even is worth the paddle out.

LIke all things its works in Cycles it will come back it always does