LOGIN | REGISTER

Hybrid View

Images

Water in my ears.

So, after surfing everyday for a decade, one would think that I would have this problem allt he time...
    But for whatever reason, the past few days, I have not been able to get this water out of my ears. I can't tell it is there until I blow my nose or something, then I can feel the pressure and the air release like I have water deep down in my ears somehow....

What is the quickest way to remedy this? I remember as a kid, my grandmother would always swab out our ears with alcohol after we would swim... Would this method release some of the pressure, moisture in there? Usually from surfing so much, the water releases itself during the next session. I am contantly blowing my nose in the water and clearing my sinuses during a session, so usually I don't encounter this. I was also sick a week ago, so the pressure is built up...

Any advice from my fellow Watermen/Waterwomen?

Alcohol sounds right according to this - http://www.ehow.com/how_4457093_drai...-deep-ear.html

I say go for it.

Images
    Sweet. I guess grandma always does know best.... I will grab some rubbing alcohol on the way home tonight...

hydrogen peroxide works wonders it breaks the surface tension. sounds a bit wierd though.

Be sure to dilute

I was a lifeguard for years and peroxide always did the trick.

Images
    recently my inner ear hurt once i get out of the water but only hurt for about an hour... because of the cold water perhaps? didnt happen last winter..