LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Another whale washed up dead

http://www.delawareonline.com/articl...es-up-on-beach

here's the site with the info. happened this past weekend in fenwick.

Images
    That is sooo sad to see such a wonderful animal dead like that. I know death is part of nature and stuff, but something that spectacular is a shame to see... a shame...

Is this in addition to the one that washed up in OC?

Images
    Damn, there probably blasting sonar or something crazy thats killing the whales.

Images
    Maybe.... or it could have something to do with the wicked storms that crossed throught the midatlantic recently... Those carcuses probably travelled a long way before they hit the shore. I heard there was a ton of NW wind that would push in a whale from pretty far out at sea.... But that thing could have died deep out at sea weeks ago and finally washed up. who knows. I''d like to see the autoposy report.

yes its different from oc, oc whale was a hump whale abd smaller but this whale from this weekend is a fin whale. OC whale was hit by a boat they bc it had a skull fracture, not sure about this whale from fenwick. maybe another boat? either way its sad and something ive never seen happen here happened within a week and half apart.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    I heard there was a ton of NW wind that would push in a whale from pretty far out at sea.
    NW winds wouldn't push the whale to us, it would be pushing across the Atlantic with NW winds. Maybe you meant NE winds. Definitely sucks though

Arrow

60ft is pretty big,maybe he was old & died naturally.hope so anyway,hope the poor guy didn't meet with an untimely end

Unhappy

oh man,this sucks,wikipedia says these guys are on the "endangered species" list.bummer

im sure everyones seen this by now...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ahz1Nv4HYQ