LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Travel Tips

Images
    Might be somewhat of a crowd due to Easter. Real early....like sunrise....no. Besides there are enough peaks up and down the beach that you and your friends can find some good waves all to yourselves. And yes, the driving time is cut to 45 minutes. You guys aren't limited to Hermosa either. Cabs are cheap and everywhere. They will get you one at the office at Backyards. Make sure its a red cab.
    Your staying at the sweetest place in Hermosa. My friend and his wife stayed there a few times...in the big honeymoone sweet on the second floor overlooking the pool. There's a great sand bar striaght out in front of the restaurant/bar.
    If you need anything else...let me know! Be safe.....

Pura Vida,

Jon

Images
    Driving time is only 45 minutes. It might be crowded due to Easter but there are enough peaks that you and your friends can find your own peaks. There's a good sandbar right out in front of the restaurant/bar. Your not limited to Hermosa. Cabs are cheap and everywhere. They'll get you one at the front desk...make sure it;s a red cab. Your staying at the sweetest place in Hermosa! If you have any other questions before you leave just let me know.

Pura Vida,

Jon

Smile

imperial thanks again for all the info. well definitaly check out the resteraunts you gave i just can wait.

Images
    Let me know how your trip goes!

Pura Vida

Will do. oh and like two more things. Are the surfshops there legit or are they more like merchandise shops..and is there usually a drift down the beach?

Images
    Tons of surf shops...most legit. Goto W.O.W surf shop near the north end of Jaco on the main boulevard. Chuck is the owner who's an American from Florida...he;s been living in Jaco for over 20 years. There's a few small shops around Hermosa if you need them...but Chuck is good for all kinds of information. There is alot of water moving at Hermosa but nothing that a seasoned surfer can't handle.

Talking

Alright..ill be sure to check it out...and once again thanks

Imperial just got back from costa rica 2 days ago. The trip along with the waves were just amazing. I couldnt of asked for better. Its definitaly a place i am returning to

Images
    XxsurferxX,

Glad to hear you had a great time. You've been bitten by the Costa Rican bug and the "pura vida" lifestyle. If you ever need anything else regarding Costa Rica let me know.

Adios mi amigo!

Went to CR last march and used Delta from Charleston; the fare was reasonable (less than 600) but the board fee was crazy!!! $300..........EACH WAY!!! Just returned from USVI using Spirit; the fare was less than $400 r/t and the board fee was only $75 each way, and the employee was actually apologizing for charging that much. She felt that it was too high. Spirit is my new favorite airline. The board fees have gotten so out of line that a lot of places have paid board storage as well as a pretty good selection of rentals. I wouldn't use one of those outfits that carry sports equipment as most are owned by the airlines and aren't a bit cheaper. (actually more in some cases.) Do remember that Spirit charges for checked bags and now for carry-ons that don't fit under the seat; but hey, your going on a surf trip. Boards,baggies,some shorts and a few T's and your set. Bottom line, if you can find a better deal than Spirit, book it, and then turn me on to it!!! Hope this helps!