LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Noserider Fin

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom5678 View Post
    "are you a really small person? thats the only way your going to get to noseride that board. ive tried on 8 ft boards before but they just arent made for it. i can get one foot over the nose but the other has to be way back and it just looks goofy. im 6'2" 175 lb"

I'm 5'9" 140lbs, whats a good fin for my size
    Longboard fins are differnet to shortboard fins . A persons weight is not a factor when choosing a longboard fin. It more the size of the board and what you want to do on the longboard.

for some one of you size I would get a longboard around 9'0 - 9'4 and a 10 or 10.5 inch fin would work . Either a Pivot Fin or a flex drive fin with a wide base and a big rake with work well with noseriding

Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    I was gonna say all of that LOL

I would get a bigger board with some nice tail rocker and full to semi full rail. I use a 11 inch Pivot fin on my 9'10 and a 10.5 on my 9.8. I keep my fin a half a inch from the front of the fin box. I can trim very easy and work the nose very well .

heres a good read on nose riding . I helped my tip time alot

http://noseriding.com/pages/TomWegen...ingonWater.htm
    Hey Matt,
    thanks for the link. that's some great information. Hopefully it will add to my tip time.

Images
    not a problem its is a good page and help me a bit too.

Hey Old Boy, you can still get Bill Stewart to shape you a custom board in San Clemente or Donald Takayama in Oceanside. If you want a good nose riding epoxy board hand shaped and completely finished in the USA check out Tim Nolte down in NC. His shop is about a mile of so before the Wrightsville Memorial Bridge to the Banks. He does it there including the vacuum sealed epoxy skin. Real nice guy to talk surfing with too.

Quote Originally Posted by snobowin View Post
    Hey Old Boy, you can still get Bill Stewart to shape you a custom board in San Clemente or Donald Takayama in Oceanside. If you want a good nose riding epoxy board hand shaped and completely finished in the USA check out Tim Nolte down in NC. His shop is about a mile of so before the Wrightsville Memorial Bridge to the Banks. He does it there including the vacuum sealed epoxy skin. Real nice guy to talk surfing with too.
    I just checked out Nolte's site. Looks nice - prices seem good too.

Quote Originally Posted by snobowin View Post
    Tim is the man. Super nice guy and will spend time with you making sure you get the right board and fin set up. Check out his website - videos of him surfing standup paddle in overhead waves !
    http://www.timnoltesurfboards.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    Longboard fins are differnet to shortboard fins . A persons weight is not a factor when choosing a longboard fin. It more the size of the board and what you want to do on the longboard.

for some one of you size I would get a longboard around 9'0 - 9'4 and a 10 or 10.5 inch fin would work . Either a Pivot Fin or a flex drive fin with a wide base and a big rake with work well with noseriding
    I have a 8'0 and im thinking about getting a the nine plus flex drive fin but i can't find a site to sell in the US and idk what size to get.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom5678 View Post
    I have a 8'0 and im thinking about getting a the nine plus flex drive fin but i can't find a site to sell in the US and idk what size to get.

I have one its a 10 inch red flex drive fin . I used it 3 times if you want to buy it I am asking 50 bucks