close ad [x]

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Atlantic City
    Posts
    4,625

    Thumbs up Help wanted in INDO

    seems they need pilots. 17,000 islands and the ferries that service them are now outdated.
    its all short hop flights and there is a pilot shortage.....kinda nice job for a surfer; you know?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The Blue and Green
    Posts
    1,245
    Images
    11
    Where tha haaaiiilll is emass!?!?!?!

  3. #3
    Right here grommet, what's your deal son

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    22
    All you need is an unlimited bank account to get all your ratings

  5. #5
    I spent some time learning how to fly. Its crazy expensive- about $230-$250 a week for the basic license. Was doing just fine paying while having a job and being my first year at a community college. Soon as I had to make car payments and had tuition bills I had to stop. I want to get back into it so bad, nothing makes you focus like landing an airplane.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Atlantic City
    Posts
    4,625
    Quote Originally Posted by monkfish View Post
    I spent some time learning how to fly. Its crazy expensive- about $230-$250 a week for the basic license. Was doing just fine paying while having a job and being my first year at a community college. Soon as I had to make car payments and had tuition bills I had to stop. I want to get back into it so bad, nothing makes you focus like landing an airplane.
    so how much time and $$ is involved?
    i'm thinking about taking my own advice.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    in the grace of the most holy FSM
    Posts
    3,635
    Quote Originally Posted by baddy trailerpark View Post
    so how much time and $$ is involved?
    i'm thinking about taking my own advice.
    years. a buddy of mine flies for a delta regional carrier out of atlanta. he first got his license back in 2004. he worked through all the lower end ratings pretty quickly, but he's STILL sitting right seat on the smaller passenger jets.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by baddy trailerpark View Post
    so how much time and $$ is involved?
    i'm thinking about taking my own advice.
    Minimum for your basic is 40 hours of flight time but it normally takes longer. Then you need instrument rating which is flying with out looking out the window- that's another 40 hrs and then for commercial I want to say 250 hours total. It's not cheap but it's awesome.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Atlantic City
    Posts
    4,625
    thank you both monk and 42....of course i'm buried in obligations like da resta da world...
    yet what a neat idea.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by baddy trailerpark View Post
    thank you both monk and 42....of course i'm buried in obligations like da resta da world...
    yet what a neat idea.
    Have you considered the airforce/army reserve? My local recruiter says that you can get all kinds of specific training for the career YOU want!