LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

6'4" Fishcuit question

Every post I read & shop I talk to says that "There's a lot of foam." or they're "too floaty" if you go the 6" shorter than your performance board as CI advises. Guys that weigh close to 200 lbs say they with they stayed under 6 feet?!?!

Who is the 6'4" Fishcuit made for???

Images
    my 5"4 BISCUIT is okay for me at 170lbs in waves that have some sort of push. When its too mushy its no good

Quote Originally Posted by Ray F. View Post
    Every post I read & shop I talk to says that "There's a lot of foam." or they're "too floaty" if you go the 6" shorter than your performance board as CI advises. Guys that weigh close to 200 lbs say they with they stayed under 6 feet?!?!

Who is the 6'4" Fishcuit made for???
    guys who can't surf/paddle

Ive got a 5'8" Biscuit and its perfect for me at 6ft 190lbs

Quote Originally Posted by ECSURFR View Post
    Ive got a 5'8" Biscuit and its perfect for me at 6ft 190lbs
    That's what I'm talking about...190 lbs and riding a 5'8". Can you use it in 2' mush?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty View Post
    guys who can't surf/paddle

So scotty you say that the fishcuit is for guys that cant surf or paddle. Is that why every team surfer on the C.I. surfteam rides them. And i ride one myself. I think your the one who cant surf. so GO HOME

Images
    im 6'2 and 200 pounds. and i ride a 5'10 fishcuit and it floats me very well probably cold have gotten the 5'8

Quote Originally Posted by Ray F. View Post
    That's what I'm talking about...190 lbs and riding a 5'8". Can you use it in 2' mush?
    Yeah i can but i would like to point out that i swam in college so i can catch little mushbergers on this. Guess it depends on your paddling ability.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieInOC View Post
    So scotty you say that the fishcuit is for guys that cant surf or paddle. Is that why every team surfer on the C.I. surfteam rides them. And i ride one myself. I think your the one who cant surf. so GO HOME
    i think he was actually saying that the 6'4" fishcuit is for guys who can't surf or paddle, not the design in general.
    so relax, DUDE.

that said, i had a 5'8" biscuit last summer that i found to be a tad small for me (i'm 6'0"...at the time, pushing 200lbs). i now have a 5'10" rusty dwart that i love...it's almost too much foam.
    it really depends on your ability (both surfing & paddling)
    Last edited by njsurfer42; Mar 27, 2010 at 03:25 AM.

its for the bigger guy. 6'2" and 225, that type of guy needs a bigger board. And if you are stepping down from a longboard that def helps alot. As rob says 'foam is your friend'!