LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. nixon tide watch

i just got the nixon Out sider tide watch. such a bad ass watch but had a few questions about its functions. does anyone have any knowledge on them?

Images
    I have one...there dope. what do you need to know?

3. the day light savings time option, should that always be selected? i live in pa.( lucky me i know)
    and also is it a pian to set it to a specific beach. thanks man

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by speedfreaksdvd View Post
    the day light savings time option, should that always be selected? i live in pa.( lucky me i know)
    and also is it a pian to set it to a specific beach. thanks man
    Yeah, I believe DST should be always selected. When I got the watch I opened that little folded up instruction book and to me the instructions weren't clear as day. I just played around with it and figured it out. But, once you get the hang of it...switching between beaches should be a breeze.

I have been looking to get one. I have a tide clock at my house but that don't help when I'm out or going to a different beach. Just like to know if you got them on line or where they sell them and about how much. I assume you can wear them in the water. For all the parking tickets I got from forgetting what time it was to put money in the meters I could have bought the Rollex version.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Aguaholic View Post
    Yeah, I believe DST should be always selected. When I got the watch I opened that little folded up instruction book and to me the instructions weren't clear as day. I just played around with it and figured it out. But, once you get the hang of it...switching between beaches should be a breeze.
    thanks man. do you know how to set it up for a spot thats not preprogramed?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Recycled Surfer View Post
    I have been looking to get one. I have a tide clock at my house but that don't help when I'm out or going to a different beach. Just like to know if you got them on line or where they sell them and about how much. I assume you can wear them in the water. For all the parking tickets I got from forgetting what time it was to put money in the meters I could have bought the Rollex version.
    You can get them online or pretty much at any surf shop. I forget what I paid. But, yeah they are waterproof.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Recycled Surfer View Post
    dude its def worth the money its water proof and very durable. its looks realy nice to. theres also a cheaper version its called the lowdown. i originally got that one but it is a little cheap looking and i was lookingb for something to wear all the time. it would be a perfect surfing/ beach watch but the Outsider is def more of an allaround everyday watch.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Aguaholic View Post
    You can get them online or pretty much at any surf shop. I forget what I paid. But, yeah they are waterproof.
    i just paid 149.00 for the outsider. the lowdown was 89.00

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by speedfreaksdvd View Post
    thanks man. do you know how to set it up for a spot thats not preprogramed?
    Can that even be done? I didn't see that as an option. But, if it can let me know what's up.