LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Favorite VA Beach surf shop?

Figured I'd copy the post a few down...

I personally like Coastal Edge or 17th street...haven't found any good local ones yet.

Freedom on Laskin.

Quote Originally Posted by scypher View Post
    I personally like Coastal Edge
    The one at the mall or the one on the strip?

Quote Originally Posted by ughVeeBee View Post
    The one at the mall or the one on the strip?
    The big one on arctic and 21st

i got to go wrv not the biggest fan of their boards but they have a big selection and the prices are to bad

when you say you have not found any good local places is that implying you just moved here ?

Images
    I really liked RK's Surf Shop, which I've only visited a few times on my way through. Those 17th St shops were about as good as a PacSun and I steered clear. (I believe they were across the st from each other)

wrv is where its at, they have got a much better selection of gear than other places. and i love their boards

scypher, I'm guessing you've just moved here if those are your choices.

Coastal Edge is the least core it gets, example being they have a shop in the mall as ughVeeBee pointed out.

WRV has now become the Walmart of surf shops. Sure, plenty of choices, etc. but they are way out of control there, prices are high, and store employees are rude if you aren't in their little circle (with the exception of a couple nice ones that are knowledgable).

Check Freedom on Laskin, near Hilltop. Or just find a local shaper.

Quote Originally Posted by mattyhams View Post
    scypher, I'm guessing you've just moved here if those are your choices.

Coastal Edge is the least core it gets, example being they have a shop in the mall as ughVeeBee pointed out.

WRV has now become the Walmart of surf shops. Sure, plenty of choices, etc. but they are way out of control there, prices are high, and store employees are rude if you aren't in their little circle (with the exception of a couple nice ones that are knowledgable).

Check Freedom on Laskin, near Hilltop. Or just find a local shaper.
    lol, i don't think he got it

I went to WRV for a trac pad. As a rider of log I never needed one and had no idea how expensive they can be, and asked the kid if they had a shop brand pad that was cheaper. He told me to go shop craigslist with the rest of the kooks and walked off. I used to really love that place, still do but it just aint the same.

The new RK isn't bad, but seeing they have the new fancy shop I'd be wary of how they're paying their new lease.

And hey, Austin has a new shop just down the road from WRV. David and Goliath within a block of each other. Looks like a good joint, though.