LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I hate Duke

Images
    **** Duke.

I was rooting for Butler but you got to admit that that was an awesome game!

I seriously thought that Butler's coach was a student. He looks so young but obviously he has got skill!

Images
    great game... Butler fought to the finish.

duke storm is hardly ever updated. was much better as joemac

can you imagine if that halfcourt shot had gone in at the buzzer? that would have been NUTS!!!!! sooo close!!!!

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by spongedude View Post
    i don't care enough about those sports to hate or love them, but as one who does not follow the usual boring team sports, i find it funny the hyperbole in the analysis.....on the news, one of the commentators pointed out erroneously that this tournament is the most important/popular in america......similar to the claims the fans of the stupor bowl or the world (if usa and canada constitutes "world") series of boresball...

technically rednecks driving left (nascar) is the most attended sport in the US, and as for world popularity, it's futball (soccer)...those fans don't wait for a world championship to start fights with strangers and light fires..those people riot right at the game...THAT's dedication...

in any case, now that the series is over, maybe my mind-numbing tv shows will cease reruns so i can smoke in peace....

oh..."built to shred" is on...gotta go
    i couldn't have said this better myself. excluding soccer,i personally think stick & ball sports suck & can't imagine anything more boring to watch on tv.don't be a "sheeple"

seriously most sports on tv suck. ever watch a surf comp? talk about boring. they sit in the water and you have to listen to insanely boring drivel from the commentators. it's only when some gets a wave do you get like 10 seconds of enjoyment.

i hated to see duke win last night and was rooting for butler.would have been a great story.but for the maryland fan,how do you root for a team with an 8 percent graduation rate?at least duke graduates its players. i mean they are students first

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...031503309.html

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    seriously most sports on tv suck. ever watch a surf comp? talk about boring. they sit in the water and you have to listen to insanely boring drivel from the commentators. it's only when some gets a wave do you get like 10 seconds of enjoyment.
    I will stream the live asp competitions, while doing work, and it can be pretty entertaining.

But, i agree, overall it is fairly boring to watch live online/tv surf events, unless of course the surf is going off. The pipe event is pretty entertaining. Generally tho, there is just too much wait time.

When, they showed the X games surf event on TV it was pretty cool, because they were able to edit it down to show mostly action.

Love them or hate them (I personally root for my school although we have not made it to the tourny since 03-04!) but Duke represents things that a lot of schools should try to mimick. For one thing it's a great academic institution and they graduate a significant amount of their players. If you take a look at the graduation rate for the players at a school like West Virginia it's awful. Lastly, let's not forget about coach K , he's a great coach, I think the most underated coach has to be Tom Izzo from Michigan State though. They always do work come tourny time!

O yea, Duke fans are pretty obnoxious but not nearly as obnoxious as Syracuse fans IMO.