LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Bing

New Bing

Silver Spoon! What do you guys think?
    Attached Images Attached Images

sick board ummm can we name it mister happy poo.

That.....or "Number 2."

I'll tape yellow sponges all over it for the "corn effect."

Quote Originally Posted by Ray F. View Post
    I'll tape yellow sponges all over it for the "corn effect."
    nah, just have your ding repair guy tint all your repairs yellow. it'll be nice & random & achieve a better effect.

good looking board, tho. you're stoked on that thing!

Images
    I like it . I was gonna buy one of them but I went with the Nr2 instead its my new goto board . that board will work really well up to chest high form what I have heard. what fin did it come with???

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer
    good looking board, tho. you're stoked on that thing!
    I'm pretty excited to get it out there tomorrow!
    Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON
    .....that board will work really well up to chest high form what I have heard. what fin did it come with???
    I traded my Secret Weapon in because I've come to believe funboards aren't fun for me & I need to ride a long board up to chest high and then shift over to the biggest shortboard I can duck dive above that. The 10' Cluster is just plain awesome, but in the weak VA 1 to 2 ft beach break, it pearls as I move forward to pick up speed.

I considered the Trimulux, but this seemed to have a little more float for my 210 lbs. The fin, Matt, is my biggest concern. It's a massive pivot fin. I'm going to give it a shot for a while, but I only go to the nose if the waves are super small. I really love to carve (hence the Cluster), but I'm determined to catch waves early, catch waves often & catch waves when they're small.

Any pointers on fins?

Any pointers on fins?
    10" or 10.5" greenough 4A by true ames...only fin you'll need for that thing! i have a 10" in my 9'6" & it's fantastic...had a 9" in my 9'2" & the effect was the same...great drive & hold from the wide base enables picnicking on the nose, but the tip is narrow enough & flexes enough to allow carving to be done.

that's just my take on it, tho.

Images
    I'm pretty excited to get it out there tomorrow!

I traded my Secret Weapon in because I've come to believe funboards aren't fun for me & I need to ride a long board up to chest high and then shift over to the biggest shortboard I can duck dive above that. The 10' Cluster is just plain awesome, but in the weak VA 1 to 2 ft beach break, it pearls as I move forward to pick up speed.

I considered the Trimulux, but this seemed to have a little more float for my 210 lbs. The fin, Matt, is my biggest concern. It's a massive pivot fin. I'm going to give it a shot for a while, but I only go to the nose if the waves are super small. I really love to carve (hence the Cluster), but I'm determined to catch waves early, catch waves often & catch waves when they're small.

Any pointers on fins?
    I got that same fin on my 9'10 Elevator and it works really well . The trimulx is glassed kinda light for my taste. I feel that longboard should have some weight to it.

I use fin 1003 on my 9'8 NR2 and fin 1004 on my Elevator . I am gonna order the Nose Rider fin and play with that one as well . As or right now both of the fins I am using are giving me awsome results with long nose rides

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    10" or 10.5" greenough 4A by true ames...only fin you'll need for that thing! i have a 10" in my 9'6" & it's fantastic...had a 9" in my 9'2" & the effect was the same...great drive & hold from the wide base enables picnicking on the nose, but the tip is narrow enough & flexes enough to allow carving to be done.

The fin that came with my 9'6 Trimulux was massive too, and the first thing I did was change it out with a 9.75" Greenough 4A (same size that it came with). As far as the Trimulux having a lighter glass than your model's is off. Unless yours are volan or custom's I doubt Matt Calvani has different and or heaver glassing schedule's for a stock Elevator or NR2, that is unless you have picked up a 9'8 or 9'10 Trimulux to compare. The only reason it might be a hair lighter is like it says in the description it's a 1/8 thinner than most of his other models. Once again here is my personal board that was chosen to be picture for the model's description. http://www.bingsurf.com/surfboards_trimulux

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post

That fin does look pretty sexy compare to the daggerboard that's on there, now! I'm definately going on the research list.

Matt, are you saying that you have the same fin that my board came with and it carves??? I'm an aging shortboarder that longboards in small waves due to age & weight, so our styles may differ in regards to carving.

I'm taking it out in the forcasted waist-high surf today. I'm hoping the waves give me a chance to check the looseness of the board.
    Last edited by Ray F.; Apr 9, 2010 at 11:55 AM.