LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Everyone is wrong sometimes, you guys are taking this way too seriously. So you wasted a day off from work... want some pity? Better yet, don't bother looking at this site anymore and go get your reports/forecasts from surfline, I hear they are 100% accurate.

Hey guys be nice, the head moderator on this site might ban you as soon as he is done rearranging his comic book collection.

So if you're so good at forecasting and know so much, why are you planning your schedule solely on this site? You sound stupid.

I think this site, along with weather.com, magicseaweed.com, and whatever other forecasting sites there are should be used as tools. Kinda like you. A tool. So you should be able to appreciate the value of this site.

Is this site wrong, yeah. Is Al Roker 100% right, no. But they're both pretty dependable, and I might add that Al Roker is a bit sexier. Check this site, your local weather and wind tables, maybe a cam or 2 and you should come to at least an educated guess. Are you able to make an educated guess? It requires thinking before you open your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by fupafest View Post
    I MUST agree this site has been TERRIBLE lately. Its bad enought I must work a 9-5 b/c of the ressesion but having inaccurate forcasts that I plan my life around is even worse. One word to the admin's of this site, do your mother****ing research. South swell at 182 degrees means most of it is passing by Jerz b/c of the steep angle. I don't know much but damn don't make me get out of work early and take PTO for this ****. I'm going to give this site 3 more strikes then im done. Dukestorm.com is always accurate but he rarely post nowadays. Duke was able to predict trends and waves weeks sometimes a month in advance. Too many times I've been burned by this site. As you can tell this surfing once a month **** is making me pissy. Thanks Swellinfo.
    ONE HUNDRED PERCENT IN THE SAME BOAT.

literally, the past 2 months, i've gotten skunked so many times SOLELY from relying on this site. over it. especially when taking time off for a f*cking waste of a f**king day

literally, the past 2 months, i've gotten skunked so many times SOLELY from relying on this site
    You see. This is what I was getting at. Don't be so lazy and maybe you won't get skunked, you turd.

Images
    As you know Swellinfo has been doing Software upgrades to the forum . In result there has been in inacurate Surf reports as of lately. In part with the upgrades there has been some other issues with Bouy data and other things that have gone arise with the forum lately that are being fix and fast as they can.

Not everysite is 100% correct I dont think its anyones fault but your own if you depend on any site to help you make a decision on if you are gonna take off or not to go surf. I know not everyone can actually go look at it for them selves or there spot has a cam running or not. That why I have been a firm beliver in knowledge of what the spots you frequent the most do under the what conditions. Also double checking any site to weather channel and or Noaa is a good thing to do as well . Cause its a easy way to see if the site you are using is off or if that bouy's measuring equpiment is off

Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    As you know Swellinfo has been doing Software upgrades to the forum . In result there has been in inacurate Surf reports as of lately. In part with the upgrades there has been some other issues with Bouy data and other things that have gone arise with the forum lately that are being fix and fast as they can.

Not everysite is 100% correct I dont think its anyones fault but your own if you depend on any site to help you make a decision on if you are gonna take off or not to go surf. I know not everyone can actually go look at it for them selves or there spot has a cam running or not. That why I have been a firm beliver in knowledge of what the spots you frequent the most do under the what conditions. Also double checking any site to weather channel and or Noaa is a good thing to do as well . Cause its a easy way to see if the site you are using is off or if that bouy's measuring equpiment is off
    so what you're saying is basically don't use this site to aide in my forecasting. just figured that out the hard way for the last time!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mOtion732 View Post
    so what you're saying is basically don't use this site to aide in my forecasting. just figured that out the hard way for the last time!

No I am not saying that I am saying I wouldnt make only one site your determing factor . Before I decide to "Go Look" at the surf I compare this site to other like Surfline and Magic . I check the Weather Channel and Noaa as well . I also check Cams as well before I hope in the truck and go out and physicaly look as it.

I wouldnt use one site cause there are plenty of varibles that come into play that either focasting software or local break kowledge and make or break a forcast.

Like I said the forcasting software has been have issue latley when upgrades were done . It is getting patched out in a timely manner.

Images
    Ha u guys hating need to chillaxxxx. Do some searching there was waves pumping all day.

Scooby it did get really fun on the incoming, but tons of unknown faces found it too
    by the way, was that you earlier about 830 at lace parking lot?

CLEANANDGREEN

This thread is ridiculous. Who plans their life around a computer? Some of you even said you know it wasnt going to be good because of the angle but you still managed to think because a computer told you differently it might be good. Thats pretty lame in my opinion. And if you hate this site so much, why do you continue to respond to other posts? Here's an idea, get some knowledge of your beach and look at all the variables and make the call for yourself. If all else fails, go to the beach and check it. That seemed to work for the boys back in the day who had no swellinfo to rely on. Stop being whiney little b**ches and do some work for yourself once... peace