LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OCMD Pollutes

Grow more pot

Everybody should youtube search Jello Biafra "grow more pot". It discusses not the use of the THC, but rather all the environmentally beneficial things that hemp can offer us as a fiber.

Believe it or not, they're making plastic that can be for bottles, saran wrap, toys, etc out of corn. Not partially, but entirely made out of the corn-based plastic.

http://environment.about.com/od/gree...sign/a/pla.htm

It makes a lot more sense than dumping tax dollars into a recycling concept that is ineffective.
    Last edited by Ray F.; Apr 15, 2010 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beachbreak View Post
    good comeback.
    i just think they should open up all access to Hatteras and do closures in OCMD instead,don't you?
    Kook...
    Quote Originally Posted by ECsponger View Post
    This message is hidden because beachbreak is on your ignore list.
    Ha! Thats awesome

Images
    Dude, you're a clown. F*cking clown. Get your head out of your ass and stop being such an idiot. How old are you? 30+ wife, kids, I'll bet, but you still feel good about yourself belittling younger people on this site. Why would you even post on my thread if you have nothing to add to the topic, besides slander and sh!t talk?
    I would suggest you go out and get a job now while you still know everything!!!!! Its wonderful being young, impressionable, idealistic, inexperienced, and of coarse ignorant to the real world around you. Sorry, if I offended you

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieInOC View Post
    I would suggest you go out and get a job now while you still know everything!!!!! Its wonderful being young, impressionable, idealistic, inexperienced, and of coarse ignorant to the real world around you. Sorry, if I offended you

yeah. it's really easy to be so idealistic when you don't have responsibilities like a job, mortgage and family.

Images
    Welcome to the next generation, and thanks for screwing it up for us. Yes I think more for things for the greater cause, not things that directly effect my day-to-day wants. I go against the flow for reason, I don't want to screw up our world for our next generation. I merely suggest extreme ideas into this forum to bring thought and question to mind, and I obviously hit some sour and tender spots with some regular commentators due to the backlash and close-minded opinions I receive in response. Sorry if I offend any of you, but I don't care if I do.
    Don't worry I have a job best-suited for a good surf schedule, no nine-to-fiver pee-on daily highway commute job. Have fun with your mortgages in our current state of economy. Oh. and thanks for screwing that up for us too.

hahaha...funny stuff. I said the exact same thing to my elders when I was younger!!

Welcome to the next generation, and thanks for screwing it up for us. Yes I think more for things for the greater cause, not things that directly effect my day-to-day wants. I go against the flow for reason, I don't want to screw up our world for our next generation. I merely suggest extreme ideas into this forum to bring thought and question to mind, and I obviously hit some sour and tender spots with some regular commentators due to the backlash and close-minded opinions I receive in response. Sorry if I offend any of you, but I don't care if I do.
    Don't worry I have a job best-suited for a good surf schedule, no nine-to-fiver pee-on daily highway commute job. Have fun with your mortgages in our current state of economy. Oh. and thanks for screwing that up for us too.
    For you yonger kids (other than EC): if you have ever seen a middle-aged, disgruntled man and wondered how he got that way, this is how it starts! Unrealistic and self-righteous ideals on how things should be (vs everyone elses), huge expectations on the actions of others to make it happen & the inevitable collision with reality that you're on your own in this world. Only rich kids & bums can make it through life without waking up. The other 90% will actually have to make compromises because of occupational responsiblities & people depending on us. The disgruntled old guy is the dude in that 90% that has realized it too late.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray F. View Post
    For you yonger kids (other than EC): if you have ever seen a middle-aged, disgruntled man and wondered how he got that way, this is how it starts! Unrealistic and self-righteous ideals on how things should be (vs everyone elses), huge expectations on the actions of others to make it happen & the inevitable collision with reality that you're on your own in this world. Only rich kids & bums can make it through life without waking up. The other 90% will actually have to make compromises because of occupational responsiblities & people depending on us. The disgruntled old guy is the dude in that 90% that has realized it too late.
    Hit the nail on the head...

EC: I feel you dude. You would probably consider me old, I am 29 years old and let me just assure you, that this country and this world was fu**ed long before we were a thought. We inherited the same sh** that you did. And when I was 18-19, I kind of felt the way you did. But it took a few years of traveling and living outside of where I grew up to understand the big picture. You know, its always good to put yourself out there and do what you think is right for your community and the world...

But us older guys, and I'm not even 30 yet, aren't really disgruntled, we are just more aware of reality. Its like, all these activists are out at my beach everyday asking me to sign some petition to save the earth and the beaches and stop pollution. And thats cool, cause its the USA and we are all priveledged enough that we can spend out free time doing things like that, when the majority of people in this world have a daily task that included going out and figuring out how you are going to feed your family that day and how you are going to get fresh drinking water and not die....

So, while my beaches are super clean and being groomed by hippie tree huggers everyday, and I respect that... If its good for the beaches, its good for me. But 15 miles south of me, there are homes made of mud. Legal Child prositution. Drug wars. Human feces in the streets. TONS of human feces and garbage being dumped right into the ocean. Every 4 years old is trolling the streets trying to collect change from the 3 visiting tourists that were brave enough to go there. I mean, go spend a few days down in TJ and then come back to me and preach about cleaning our beaches and stuff...

I mean, when I was 18, I probably would have been helping the hippies, but now that I have been around other places on the planet, I realize that while being active LOCALLY and doign what you can for your own beaches is a good thing, but anythihng more than that is futile. Its a waste. Its wasting time and money on things that will never change..

So now, I just pick up cans and trash every time I go surf. I clean my own beach and take care of my own community. That is all I can do....

My political outlook on most of the world is pretty negative these days. I just lost hope in mankind really. There are more BAD people in this world than good I feel like, and when I was a kid, I never thought that. I gave people the benefit of the doubt and thought that they were generally good. But then you see a starving mother prostituting her 13 year old daughter to feel herself, it makes you throw up in your mouth and never sign another petition again, cause there are terrors occuring all around us, and until some of the more gnarly ones go away, I dont have the faith to worry about everyone else...

Like I said, I dont think we are disgruntled, I think we are just tired. We have become selfish in our ways because we dont trust the masses any more than you do. We dont waste time on fights we cant win.

Just a crazy rant from a 29 year old.

If you want something to fight about - Fight the Layoffs of the police and teachers!!!!!

Budget cuts are happening all over - Recycle is NOT A NECCESITY! I know you hippies will disagree but it is not. If cutting those jobs keeps more police on the street im all for it!!!!! and those who say F the police - wait until the boys from the bad neighborhoods start breaking into your homes when your at work and no one is patrolling the streets to catch them........