LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Images
    bodyboarding requires a ridiculous amount of flexibility to be in the proper bodyboarding position (riding high on the board, and arching your back up)... mostly in your lower back, and also a great deal in your quads.

The best body boarders are generally smaller body types with incredible flexibility.

And, you are right to a certain extent, that working on just building muscle will reduce your flexibility. I am by no means an expert, but what you want is a combination of strengthening, endurance, and flexibility. The big body builders have very little flexibility.

So, my recommendation is to lift weights, but also add in lots of cardio and stretching (yoga is great for stretching). And, when you lift, go for less weight and greater reps to increase endurance.

For both surfing and bodyboarding, one of the most important areas to focus on is your core.

I use more flexibility to get out of bed in the morning than it takes to ride a bodyboard

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by surfswell View Post
    i love how u cant post something on here with out some retard posting a stupid post back.
    Notice how it's always bashing bodyboarding? Just let em' be clowns and jealous...

Images
    jeff hubbard does his stretches... see attached photo.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Images
    Ooo.. I like this game...

NJ's own Chris Schlegel loves to do his stretches and be flexible...

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    The big body builders have very little flexibility.
    that's a profoundly ignorant statement

Quote Originally Posted by WaveHog View Post
    I use more flexibility to get out of bed in the morning than it takes to ride a bodyboard
    that is just plain ignorance

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronze Whaler View Post
    that's a profoundly ignorant statement
    I think he's referring to actually body builders.. they do have pretty bad flexibility...

what are you gonna do? stretch out your spine so you can bend backwards further? Bone's dont stretch.

Last edited by surfswell; Apr 19, 2010 at 03:23 AM. Reason: 1227.com = bad