LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Images
    wavehogs mom is pretty flexible

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by surfswell View Post
    Yeah, that's nuts. I think Schlegel can bend his feet up to his head or shoulders.. wish I could even come close to that.

It depends how musclar you get because becoming too musclar will effect your speed and flexiblity.

Muscle helps if you surf hard... a "power surfer." If you're a cruisy styler, not so much. But without the cardio to go along with it, you get winded faster... more muscle, more oxygen you need to feed those working muscles. So you need to do the resistance training AND the cardio to be able to maximize the benefit of the added muscle.

The third component in the trifecta is flexibility. Flexibility helps prevent injury (though not as much as some people might lead you to believe), but even more, it will help you recover from a lot of moves that you might otherwise just fall... think about those extreme laid back landings and tail slides. And flexibility training requires effort... not just laying in front of the tv and doing a couple toe touches. I'm talking a good half hour of yoga type stretching at a shot.

So an effective fitness routine should combine all three... resistance (strength) training, cardio, and flexibility. I do three days a week in the gym, combining cardio and resistance, and the in-between days I try to stretch.

sounds like your a neon spandex kinda guy lol

Brother... when you get to me my age, you'll do anything to stay in the game... even if it does mean neon spandex!

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    Brother... when you get to me my age, you'll do anything to stay in the game... even if it does mean neon spandex!

like this?

^ whys my zipper growing?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bbnj View Post
    wavehogs mom is pretty flexible
    I thought the same thing.

Images

Thumbs up 100%

Quote Originally Posted by NJ SPONGIN View Post
    I thought the same thing.

I agree on this statement.