LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chillisurfer View Post
    I don't understand, for as long as I've been checking this site, this has always happened, not just recently.
    Agreed. People complaining about forecasts that are more than 24 hours out is getting old. I guess some are just getting really desperate for anything they can get.

Micah, since you didn't fix your forecasting - fix the ocean so it will stop changing its mind!

why does swellinfo cock tease us with overhead promises for monday earlier this afternoon and within just a few hours drop it to waist to chest? i just want some waves
    seriously bro - if you are both a) that clueless about how forecasting works and b) that dependent on the internet to know when to surf, then c) I would say with 99% certainty that
    anything over 5 ft is going to be punching above your weight - and you absolutely have no business paddling out in anything OH.

Images
    I studied Atmospheric science as an undergrad and the basic temp and precip forecasts two days out are only about 70% accurate. after that the drop off is significant. on the other hand when you look at wind models the longer range forecasts are a little more accurate... everyone needs to stop *****ing.

drive to your spots and check it, and if your not close enough to do that make a friend who is

Man... Are there ever gonna be waves again??? This is like one of the worst flat spell I can remember. I don't think I've surfed in like 3 weeks

Images
    YO MOOOSER HOW THOSE WAVES LOOKIN!!!!

Images
    get your tightest mooseknuckle showing suit on im paddleiong out at 3 you canyon diver

!

sucha cock tease!.........love this site tho.

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    we could all use some waves. i'm sure a lot of us are just as frustrated as you are...but it could be worse. if all you've got to ***** about is the lack of waves, you've got it pretty good.
    even if there HAD been waves this week, i wouldn't have been able to get out. i have to buy a car very unexpectedly b/c mine could go at any moment. talk about frustrating! trying to wheel & deal w/ people who are trying to squeeze the most cash out of you they possible can while knowing the back of your mind that the next time you drive your car could cause you to lose your trade-in & send the deal down the toilet.
    that's been my life for the past week. had an issue w/ my car at the end of last week, got my mechanic to look at it & his advice was to get rid of it as quickly as possible. when i asked him how long my car would run, he said, "i dunno." at least the man's honest! but i feel kind of like an old test pilot from the 1950's....never quite sure what's going to happen each time you climb in & fire her up! do i wear a parachute? a helmet? or just bend over & kiss my a-- goodbye? hopefully, all this uncertainty will fall away this afternoon, as i have an appointment w/ a dealer & will hopefully be signing the papers for a new (used) vehicle.
    i also have a very bright young woman in my freshman english class at school...she's 14 & has already written a book. easily one of the smartest people of her age i have ever come across. she's a wreck right now though. her parents just told her that they are going to be getting a divorce. she's confused, angry, upset, depressed...all at the same time. there have been days where i have let her just walk out of my class b/c she's about to burst into tears. she has no one to talk to about this b/c the only person she has in her life (besides her parents, brother, & friends) is her maternal grandmother & she thinks this is a great thing for the girl's parents & will listen to no other view points. so it makes me glad that she feels as though she can tell me this b/c sometimes just talking about something eases the burden. she's got a lot on her plate for a 14 year old.

waves? yea, waves would be nice. but there are a lot of other things much more worth being frustrated about.
    What did he say was wrong with your car?

Also, be careful of the 14 year old! A little TLC on your part could easily turn into charges being filed. Not saying you ever tried anything but you know how f'd up a 14 yo old can be!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooseknuckle View Post
    drive to your spots and check it, and if your not close enough to do that make a friend who is
    Word up - or call the local shop and ask for an eyes on report.

Images
    nothing has changed with the forecasting approach of the site in a long time.... been working on some major upgrades, and will release soon... but when you see changes in the long range, this is a direct reflection of the global model where the wind data is coming from. This has always been the case.

And, yes the 4+ day forecast can be very unreliable, especially for storms that develop right off the coastline. This is what makes prediction on the east coast a challenge, because we are very dependent on the forecast models. And, small changes in the predicted storm track, can have very big impact on swells productions towards your specific beach.

the forecasts are updated twice per day in the early morning and early evening. You can see the forecast update time on the very bottom of the text forecast.
    Last edited by Swellinfo; Apr 22, 2010 at 07:36 PM.