LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Images
    Paul, where do you get this stuff ?

Images
    imagine if there was an underwater earthquake or an underwater volcano erupted and a crevice formed and allowed millions of barrels to flow freely into the ocean! That would be crazy and seems very possible.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wallysurfr View Post
    Not trying to start an argument but isn't the oil there naturally? I understand that they were drilling yes and this explosion will cause the release of the oil into the water but the oil is there naturally, it's natural to the earth and so is the ocean.

Would we be so upset if the oil was just seeping into the ocean on its own and we weren't drilling? If it was happening on it's own would we push for it to be plugged and controlled from not entering the water? No, we'd probly be pushing for someone to go down there and collect it so our gas prices would go down. lol.
    I hate chiming into these threads but I would like to clarify something. Oil does not seep into the ocean on an order of magnitude like the recent rig explosion. While oil seeps do occur naturally (like off the California coastline) they do not cause devastating environmental damage, thus the lack of need to "plug" the seep. In addition to seismic surveys, natural oil seeps are used by oil companies to determine where to drill.

is the expression "put your money (and time) where your mouth is"

http://www.surfrider.org/

The timing on this one is even better than the Goldman-Sachs lawsuit announcement. As soon as Obama announces he is going ahead with offshore drilling (including deepwater drilling off our mid-Atlantic coast!!), this deep water drilling accident happens.
    Really, I swear I had nothing to do with it... honest....

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by barrels4liam View Post
    just like the country's favorite place McDonalds.
    lol lol...

LOL. Fox News? CNN and Fox News is a joke. This country was bought and sold a long time ago. Fox News, CNN, and MSNBC are controlled by the real owners of this country. They tell you what they want you to hear and what benefits them. They own oil companies and will not tell the whole story. Here's an idea, try watching public access television or reading independent media. I hope you don't believe there is a difference between republican and democrats, lol.

Don't worry, law suits will be filed against BP, but the governement will bail them out. If they don't bail them out, the sun will never rise again and the world will end. Just like wall street. Wall Street should be bulldozed. That would be the best thing for this nation, lol.

People get affected by this ****ing offshore drilling including the fishing community. Oil or food from fishing, I guess most people would choose to drink oil instead of eating fish. It has good vitamins and minerals just like the country's favorite place McDonalds. Both democrats and republicans love off shore drilling, idiots. Companies should start making more affordable non-oil based products/cars. Then, people would have to buy alternative solutions.

Btw, I'm not a hippie. I'm actually a true conservative, not a bull**** republican one who takes the tea party movement and passes it off as their own for votes.
    You do know most news originates with the AP right and the outlet really doesn't affect the content of an AP story right?

Images
    It doesn't help when networks hire ex-CIA employees who have engaged in brainwashing citizens for years.
    Your hat needs more tinfoil.

[QUOTE=aka pumpmaster;62217]Do you ride a surfboard? Isn't that made of oil? Don't be a fukin hypocrite.QUOTE]

sorry dad.

Images

Angry

Stupid oil rigs