LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Gas is up 10 cents in the last week. I don't know if its related to the spill but I'm sure there will be some BS made up disaster or some crap will go down with those CS'rs in the middle east to drive gas up to 3.50 or more.

Images

baby and the bathwater

the simplistic notion that simply because we need a product, (oil, automobiles, guns) that those who provide or use it have carte blanche is ridiculous. cops are not allowed to randomly shoot people (despite what some think). further, just because i provide the service of driving a taxi doesn't mean i can drive in your living room or run over your dog. with privilege and power comes responsibility. obviously, if a company that makes billions (exxon posted the largest profit EVER made by a company during our so-called oil shortage in 2008) off a needed commodity, they must do it responsibly or we are idiots for becoming their slaves. one must stop thinking like a third grader and understand that a complicated world involves decision-making that requires thought and restraint....and limits.

Hey sponger dude who makes the most money off a gallon of gas. Look up the answer once you figure it out come back and tell me they dont have us squarely by the sack. You dont have a choice america will never try to decrease its dependence on oil. Because it would be bad business for the politicians to do so. Oh by the way to answer the question for you it is the american government. So please dont tell me we have a choice in stopping them from financially raping this country. For the record as well please dont lecture me abbout how cops dont just go around shooting people. There are many good cops. There are also an awful lot of bad ones. There have been plenty of bad shoots in this country.
    Right now they make 15% on every gallon to not do anything to it. I need to be in this racket.

In 2008, the United States consumed about 137.80 billion gallons (or 3.28 billion barrels) of gasoline, about 3% less than the record high of about 142.35 billion gallons (or 3.39 billion barrels) consumed in 2007. Consumption in 1998 was about 126.52 billion gallons (or 3.01 billion barrels).

137.80 billion x 3 x .15 = right around 62 billion dollars in gas taxes.
    if you take it at a flat 60 cents which is actually closer it is 82 billion dollars in taxes.
    You tell me how the gvt shouldnt be helping with the cleanup.
    Last edited by chrisd; Apr 24, 2010 at 03:47 PM.

Images

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by ECsponger View Post
    Stupid oil rigs

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Recycled Surfer View Post
    Gas is up 10 cents in the last week. I don't know if its related to the spill but I'm sure there will be some BS made up disaster or some crap will go down with those CS'rs in the middle east to drive gas up to 3.50 or more.

fyi: gas prices always rise in the summer due to increased fuel usage

I have figured that out over the years. I thought April was a little early for that trend to start.