LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    really can't picture Micah sitting in a locked room, smoking a cigar and running hundred dollar bills through his cash machines.... Stacks of millions all over the room....
    Not yet j/k.

Seriously tho, it would be hard to explain how much I've gone through to build this site, coming out of school with no money, I have pretty much dedicated the last 5 years to Swellinfo. It has come quite a ways, and I am excited about all of the things there is to do to improve the surf forecasts and continue building great web site products for surfers.

At times I feel like giving up, but those thoughts generally fade away pretty quickly. The positive support and feedback keeps me rolling - Thanks.

the best part...

...is that surfline is centered in SoCal. The whole Newport/Huntington surf industry should be able to get the forecast better than anybody for its own area. Their east coast forecasts are terrible (generally speaking), but I guess that's because we're a pretty small part of their target audience. Not to mention predicting east coast surf is MUCH more difficult. This site is the best east coast forecasts I've seen. It's off sometimes, but the weather will always be fickle in the mid-atlantic, just a fact of life. Pretty awesome that it's free. I'll never pay for surf forecasts...just seems too far from the purity that I love in our lifestyle.

You can always do it yourself from the NOAA wave models also, though it's a lot more work because the wind and swell are plotted separately.

Aloha,
    Matt

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    So, usually my area is pretty easy to predict. Even in the winter, its pretty easy to get within a foot of what the surf height will be even 5-6 days out.

The past 4 days, surfline's forecast has been garbage. It has said knee to waist for 3 straight days... For the past 3 days, I have gone down to the end of my street to hit the beach break, only to see 6 foot closeout walls and no one out. 1-2 feet overhead... So i have just driven down to the reefs each day.. So i got to the waves I wanted to, but Surfline, Souther California's most used site has been 3-4 feet off. I mean, KNEE HIGH>>???? AND ITS 2 FEET OVERHEAD!!! Im not complained, but come on....

So, my point is that a bunch of guys were ripping on a few strange forecasts from swellinfo.com last week, the free site that is usually spot on where you guys live... And the Multi-Million Dollar pay forecast monopoly can't forecast San Diego even the day before?>??? they were wrong 3 straight days on the forecast... The reports were right, but the forecasts were horrible...

I wonder what the variables are that have been throwing off these forecasting systems all over. Strange.

But just making sure all the people that were complaining about 1 bad forecast... EVERYONE has bad forecasts...

Quit your belly aching son....we haven't had solid waves here in a long time. Last thing i wanna read is some dude from the west coast complaining about waves and forecasts!

Images

Thumbs down

Are we seriously STILL talking about this? I'm tired of hearing oh this site is free. this site this...this site that....BLAH BLAH BLAH. Get off the admins **** already Who ****ing cares. I for one am tired of reading these stupid ass posts. Frankly, I do not need this site in any shape or form....I have eyes....I only use this out of boredom....As of lately...this site has gone to ****. And, I'm not talking about the reports...they are what they are...Where's all the oldschool members? I remember when this site used to be fun. Now it's just a express your feelings forum...WHAAA WHAAA.

This site needs new moderators...ones that can actually moderate this site. This place is out of control.

with that being said LET THE FLAMES BEGIN. And I could really care less if anyone has a problem with my post.

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    the only thing i like about surfline is their wipeouts video.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LOSTsoul View Post
    Quit your belly aching son....we haven't had solid waves here in a long time. Last thing i wanna read is some dude from the west coast complaining about waves and forecasts!
    I wasn't belling aching. I even mentioned that I was obviously happy to see the size, but that was not the point of the story. The story was that surfline can't get a 24 hour forecast correct or even with0in 4 feet in their own backyard... I mean, their offices have a fu**ing ocean view of the pacific and they were 4 feet off 3 straight days. Thats my point. I always have to reluctantly delete any post I make that even mentions that I surfed that day, or the condtions at all or people get all upset with me. I never mention my whereabouts anymore unless it has to do with what I am trying to say... But this morning sure was sick =) ... Had to do it. =)

Forecast for VB was right on, today!

Amen!

VA Beach was beautiful. Water's warming up too.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wbsurfer View Post
    the only thing i like about surfline is their wipeouts video.
    Spot on. ;D

Thanks swell info for calling the swell last weekend in florida. They predicted the swell 7 days in advance. Thanks again