LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    the outer banks??? Its a tough place to live- no jobs in winter, no girls in the winter, lots of drugs(we're not talking about a little bit of weed either), super expensive unless you live in a trailer. The only way I would live there again is with a good job, a wife and barb-wired fence to keep the retards away. I love Southern New Jersey i.e. OC, LBI, Brig! Great places to work, live and surf. OCMD is cool, but hectic. I currently live in Carolina beach and enjoy living in that area. Wilmington is small but cool and lots of places to surf in the region.....but we dont get great waves that often. I have great jobs, an awesome girl, and good friends!! Charleston is a REALLY cool city but the waves dont get that good.
    Never been to and coastal Florida towns, but have a friend in Melborne that really likes it so cant wait to visit!! Never been to many places above NY to surf but I hear there are some cool towns in the RI,Mass areas. What about NOva Scotia??

Quote Originally Posted by slopman View Post
    the outer banks??? Its a tough place to live- no jobs in winter, no girls in the winter, lots of drugs(we're not talking about a little bit of weed either), super expensive unless you live in a trailer. The only way I would live there again is with a good job, a wife and barb-wired fence to keep the retards away.
    yeah yeah true dat
    but the barrels....

Images
    each are has benefits - my personal choice is
    Melbourne beach Fl - good waves out front or 30min to spanish house and sebastion or an hour north to new smyrna and lots of good spots in between
    plus cheap flights out of orlando to carribean and central america
    only in a wetsuit for 2 months a year
    good wakeboarding - diving - fishing
    and great burritos @ dakine diegos while watching surf vids outside

All the places mentioned are fun with the exception of Florida. Knee high slop year round. The only plus is the water temp and air temp and the night life is fun. Otherwise, good luck finding waves higher than knee high and you will never see barrels again. Florida's economy is in really bad shape and unemployment is ridiculous. I'll take cold winter barrels in NJ or outer banks over Florida anyday.

Nova Scotia does look fun too!

I have not been to all these places , but i really liked wrightsville beach with wilmington being right there

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by barrels4liam View Post
    All the places mentioned are fun with the exception of Florida. Knee high slop year round. !
    you really think? south florida yeah i agree but every trip down there it seems like from about Jupiter Inlet north to New Smyrna/Daytona (so basically all of central Fla) is consistent waist high or better and ive never even been down when a swell hit.

Either way...i'd say for cold water lovers, Narragansett RI and for warm water lovers maybe Stuart or New Smyrna Beach
    Last edited by mitchell; Apr 26, 2010 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tibu35 View Post
    I have not been to all these places , but i really liked wrightsville beach with wilmington being right there
    Wrightsville beach is a cool place to live if you have a boat, then you can get away. In the summer its a sh!t show, every wanna-b pro, touron,kook,redneck and yuppie are battling for a wave in a couple of surf zones. CB is more relaxed.....no surf zones, more parking and further away from I-40. It still gets crowded but not like WB.

ocmd, all day every day

Quote Originally Posted by noj View Post
    jacksonville, ha!!!
    No... not Jax. Further north... *wink*

10. I think cost of living is the biggest limiting factor to this question, b/c lets face it - there's not many places left where you can live(esp own) on the island or close proximity with a normal paying job.

Regardless of the answer, the way to go is to live in any of these EC cities/towns and own a place somewhere down in Central America/Caribbean. My question is....where would be the best place to purchase property considering cost of investment/proximity to surf/security etc...