LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: firewire

firewire

I just came into some money via insurance after my house burnt down and i'm gonna use some of it to purchase a new surfboard. I'm probably getting a firewire, cause i've been interested in them for a while. I've been riding a chili 6'4" thruster/squash tail for a couple years now, and am looking for something a little thicker and shorter that will be fun on small ocean city days but also hold up in good conditions (outter banks overhead barrels). A guy at K coast suggested either the dominator model 6'0" or the quadfish 5'10", i've never owned a fish so the quadfish is intriguing to me. I weigh about 166, am 6'0" tall, 24 years old and am borderline intermediate/advanced. Does anybody that surfs firewires have any suggestions? I've been wanting a new board for a couple years and am stoked as hell to get a new firewire.

You're a borderline "advanced" surfer and have never owned a fish? That's suspect...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SurfingOC912 View Post
    You're a borderline "advanced" surfer and have never owned a fish? That's suspect...
    well it's not like you can't be good if you haven't owned a fish, you need to work with what you have

Talking

I own a fish, and I am rather terrible at surfing. Seems to be no correlation to owning a fish and being good.

Quote Originally Posted by SurfingOC912 View Post
    I rarely see anyone out tearin it up on a fish. Usually if the conditions are decent people use their go to board which is most likely not a fish. I've wanted one forever, I just haven't had the dough.

I've seen some good surfers rip the hell out of fishes.

hell yea i'm just sayin that not every surfer is a fish owner

A lot of people don't like them but for smaller days I use a 9Fish Seared Ahi...the board is about 3in thick so it catches almost all kinds of waves. Personally I love it...how much are you looking to spend?

I would go with the fish I have two boards with a fish tail one of which is the firewire futura, which happens to be my go to board.

i can spend anywhere up to about a grand, i'm totally open to suggestions and am really lookin for something quality.
    Last edited by nattybohson; Apr 27, 2010 at 07:55 PM.