LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gloves...

gloves...

would it still be to cold to not wear gloves... not tryn to wear em tommorow

No gloves, but I'd wear booties. Easy enough to take 'em off if you get too toasty. Some guys have been out in OC without gloves or booties, but I hate being cold.
    Last edited by waterlogged; May 3, 2010 at 12:09 AM.

It might be doable.....theres been a few different reports around OC MD lately about water temps.

I went out for a little surf yesterday and I was still in gloves. Water still felt chilly, my guess was 57-58 degrees.

doable without. last 2 sessions last week, no gloves. one day was sunny and hot, the other windy and rainy. water hovered in the lower 50s in nj.

Images
    Yeah since it got nice out last week I have gone with out gloves . Water feels good cant wait to shed the boots soon

May 2, 2010

I went out today in a 3/2 and booties, stayed out for an hour it was my first time all year. It was pretty cold without gloves but it was doable.

Images
    Just go out without gloves and keep a pair in your car so if you do get cold just put them on

I wore gloves last week but I was also out for 6 straight hours. So it paid off to keep warm. Plus I like the grip the gloves give. Looking forward to shedding the rubber. I'd keep them nearby just in case since the water temps vary alot right now.

Depends, if you've surfed all winter, than it feels like the tropics out there right now.

If you enjoy wearing skirts and only like the feel of the water between May and September, than you may need gloves, boots, hood and possibly a barbie doll to keep you company.

I was in at asseteague for a couple hours of horrid surf. No gloves and no boots. At first i was like, "man im an idiot" but I would say after about 10 mins i really warmed up. It may have been because i was wearing a 4/3 and it just warmed up my overall body. i have no idea, but after the initial shock it was fine.

go for it tjist i have faith in you
    Last edited by Gulfcoast7; May 2, 2010 at 10:08 PM.