LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

booties and gloves

i can hear the ridicule and insults coming already, but that aside, when wearing gloves and booties, do you pull your wetsuit sleeves and legs over them?

yes..........

Images
    Yes I do. I don't see why you would not.

Don't feel embarrassed, I had the same questions and just had to learn through trial and error. Yes cover your boots and gloves with your sleeves and legs of your wetsuit to prevent flushing and filling with water (particularly the gloves). I don't know about you guys, but I have alot of trouble with my 2nd glove and being able to roll the wetsuit armsleave over top of the 2nd glove. I can't get any grip on my wetsuit with my gloved hand, I can only do it bare handed. I always need a buddy to help me out with rolling down my 2nd wetsuit sleave over top of my glove. I must have poor hand-dexterity or something as others don't seem to fumble around with this like I do. Then again, I take about 2x as long to get out of a wetsuit as most people I surf with. Getting the rubber to stretch over my ankles gets me hung up everytime. And I even have a 100% stretch wetsuit.

Don't you?

Images
    One basic tip - roll up your wetsuit sleeves & legs before your put on the boots & gloves. Then you just have to finesse the sleeves/legs over the top of the boots/gloves.

thanks all. i bet if i had explained how i tucked by sleeves/legs into my gloves/booties, and how they filled up with water and made me feel really heavy in the water the other day, that would have elicited many more responses consisting of "kook," "moron," and so on.

If you roll your sleeves up, then roll it over again (so it's like double rolled), then you push the one roll over the tip of your gloves, making it really easy to pull down the rest of your sleeve without the gloves getting bunched up or anything... I was out at the OCMD inlet yesterday and I didn't need gloves or booties.

Quote Originally Posted by haolemc View Post
    thanks all. i bet if i had explained how i tucked by sleeves/legs into my gloves/booties, and how they filled up with water and made me feel really heavy in the water the other day, that would have elicited many more responses consisting of "kook," "moron," and so on.
    Many people did this when first starting. You're a newb for sure but a kook is more about lack of etiquette than skill.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    Many people did this when first starting. You're a newb for sure but a kook is more about lack of etiquette than skill.
    Exactly. Its ok to be a newb and ask these questions. Just don't ever get an attitude or lose respect when respect is warranted. Don't be embarrassed to ask questions when you're starting out. Plenty of us are willing to help newbs, but kooks can GTFO.