LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    I just went out yesterday and didn't need gloves; 4x3mm with 3mm booties.

Quote Originally Posted by nattybohson View Post
    If you roll your sleeves up, then roll it over again (so it's like double rolled), then you push the one roll over the tip of your gloves, making it really easy to pull down the rest of your sleeve without the gloves getting bunched up or anything... I was out at the OCMD inlet yesterday and I didn't need gloves or booties.
    Double rolling....good point. I always single role but for thick gloves it makes sense. It is always a pain getting that second glove covered by the your sleeve in winter because of the thickness of 5 ml gloves. 3s and 2 and easy.

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    Double rolling....good point. I always single role but for thick gloves it makes sense. It is always a pain getting that second glove covered by the your sleeve in winter because of the thickness of 5 ml gloves. 3s and 2 and easy.
    you use a plastic bag. put the gloves on before the sleeves then put the bag on the glove slide it through the sleeve and bam you have a perfect seal.

Images
    Did NJ yesterday without gloves and it wasn't preferable, but it was doable. Boots are definitely still required.

Quote Originally Posted by stoneybaloney View Post
    Did NJ yesterday without gloves and it wasn't preferable, but it was doable. Boots are definitely still required.
    I was out yesterday in North Mommouth NJ for 2+ hours with 2mm 3/4 finger-length webbed paddle gloves, a 3/2 full suit and boots. Hands were a little cold but definately doable.
    Last edited by DJFresh; May 5, 2010 at 02:55 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DJFresh View Post
    I was out yesterday in North Mommouth NJ for 2+ hours with 2mm 3/4 finger-length webbed paddle gloves, a 3/2 full suit and boots. Hands were a little cold but definately doable.
    My body and feet were so warm that my hands managed not to become frozen. I'm going to wait until the air/water are around 70/60F to use my 3/2 again.

and the story gets even better...after using my gloves and booties on saturday (for the first time) i must have left them on the ground near the car while getting out of my wetsuit and drove off without picking them up. so yesterday, i went out with NO gloves or booties, and while it was cold (not so bad for hands, but feet started to hurt) i managed to last an hour before bailing. if anyone happened to pick up my gloves and booties off of ocean avenue in avon on saturday, i'll promise you a lifetime of good karma if you let me know.

usually i only feel like an idiot in the water, but after doing something that dumb, i've felt for an idiot for a couple of days now.