LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

So I finally saw it.......

Right there, paddling out. I've been waiting for this day, and it finally reared it's head. Right there, I witnessed my first dumb dumb paddling out with no wetsuit, spring suit, or(and I thought this was pretty cocky) rashgaurd. He lasted 15 minutes I think.

Then his buddy, it gets even better, decided he was man enough to out do his friend. He was a little smarter. He decided he'd defeat mother nature by putting on, what looked to be, sneakers. The only reason I know this is because I saw him lacing them up. And to top off the spectacle, he wore ONE paddle glove. Maybe he idiolizes michael jackson or something. Made my day.

haha i usually see that in late may but this early april i saw some little kids take a body board out and last about 2 minutes

That is awesome I wish I was there to see that...tis the season

yeah, i seen a couple of little kids in the water playing it in. That's understandable, they're kids and they're playing in the fun stuff. Going out past the break with the intention of surfing in this cold stuff is silly.

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    this means theyre on their way to ruin everything. bring out the logs everyone.

Images
    my friend went bodyboarding bareback and was out for like an hour and a half on monday. But then again he's the same person who paddled out in february with a springsuit, booties, and gloves!

Now that the water's solidly up into the 50's, I've shed the gloves and switched to the 3/2 on warm days. The weekend could be chilly, so maybe go back to the 4/3 one more time, if we do get that bump on Saturday... which I think is likely.

Funny... I had a dream last night that I was surfing, but I couldn't get up to my feet. My wetsuit was like it was made of lead... so heavy and stiff I could barely move, so I didn't even get a single wave.

All my surfing dreams are like that... I NEVER actually surf in them. F*#!ing torture.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    Now that the water's solidly up into the 50's, I've shed the gloves and switched to the 3/2 on warm days.
    Same here. The less rubber I can get away with, the better.

All my surfing dreams are like that... I NEVER actually surf in them. F*#!ing torture.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I usually don't even make it into the water...

last month

Surfed OC last month in this dry-rotted 3/2 without boots, gloves, or hood because i left it all in Virginia by accident. Lasted about 45 minutes on big single-fin until i fell off (no leash) and had to swim in. It was only like 50 ft, but TORTURE! I though I was gonna drown, it was outta control. I feel for those people on the Titanic now lol. Anyhow, last time I'll make that decision.