LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I remember taking fingernail clippers with me in the water and if a fisherman casts at me, I snipped his line. good times.....good times

Images
    I only run into that when I surf The Cove . I just ride right over there line if they start casting out when I was there first. A 11 inch pivot fin will cut just about any line

Quote Originally Posted by Frenzy... View Post

...and then pray they legalize herbs for all adults in CA in november
    yyyyyyyyyyyooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

i will move to a mobile home in south lake tahoe and skip college

Images
    got in a fist fight with a shoobee using massive weights and a freshwater rod. he almost took the nose off my stick so I went to the beach and when he said he was from PA I Mollywhopped him into next week

I was surfing next to Avalon Pier in Nags Head prolly back in 05 when some dirty looking fisherman and his son were repeatedly casting their double treble hook got-cha's at me. I know they were got-chas bc they landed probably 2 feet from me; the splash from the lure smacking the water actually landed on me. I was yelling WTF at them until after the 5th cast or so when I started paddling towards shore totally enraged and ready to fight. I didnt even make it to shore before the guy had grabbed his kid and all his stuff and ran off the pier and away into the parking lot. Let me tell ya, this guy was a great role model for his kid. Potentially injuring a random stranger then fleeing when it comes time to face the music is exactly how I want my children remembering me after Im dead! (sarcasm)

I keep waiting for the namby pamby hand wringers to come on here and tell everyone that violence is never the answer and if a fisherman casts at you, it's your obligation to paddle to another spot.

Casting at somebody IS violence. How you choose to deal with that is up to you.

Anyone ever get hooked by a fisherman? I've heard a few stories, but never witnessed it first-hand. That's got to really s-ck.

i have sharp teeth,and when i've ridden waves into lines i've actually grabbed them with both hands and bitten them off or more often just lifted it over my head,but i always just keep going.sometimes they will be flipping out yelling at me and then i pretend i don't hear them.very often they'll cast out where we're sitting and you'll see the splash and hear 'plunk' right where you're sitting.since i live here and they only occasionally show up off-season it's funny,since they're stuck on the beach and forced to look out while we're free in the water,but in the summer it can be more dangerous because you just never know if someone will cast a big hook your way.you can guess they really like me.

Images
    I surf near jetties (as many of us do) all the time. If the fishermen are casting anywhere in my general area, I paddle over to them and ask them to keep it away from me. If they say no or continue casting near me, I tell them I will wrap the 20lb test around their wrist and ankles and knock them into the water. On the rare occasion I've had to say, it has worked. Most of them cast off the end of the jetty towards the horizon though and aren't idiots/douche bags.