LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Images
    On top of all that, I don't think Ive ever seen anyone ever catch anything. What Ive always said was let's see who catches something first - wave or fish. I always win.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ECsponger View Post
    On top of all that, I don't think Ive ever seen anyone ever catch anything. What Ive always said was let's see who catches something first - wave or fish. I always win.
    Yeah I usually don't either, but like 3 weeks ago I saw some guy catch an almost 3ft striper within the first 10 minutes he was there.

Arrow

funny enough,i've had more trouble with this on my jetski in oc,md than i've had bodyboarding.for some brilliant reason,the fisherman on the rt50 bridge feel the need to drop all 40 of their lines in the boat channel that goes under the bridge. i had been almost snagged so many times,i started strapping a dive knife to my handlebars incase the hook snagged me .i had it so i could unsheath it in a second if there was imminant hookage.
    as for another's question,my friend did actually get hooked while scuba diving off the coast of Okinawa,Japan. he was 50ft under & was suddenly getting dragged to the surface.when he came up,he saw some random 80 year old japanese dude shaking his fist at him. he promptly held up dude's line & cut it with his dive knife,making a big show of it,to piss him off. he got hooked in the bootie & thank god he had fiber-bottom booties on or his foot would have been shredded.fiber bottom booties have a 1/2 inch thick fiber pad glued to the bottom of a regular bootie for protection from sea urchins when walking out to dive from the shallows. all these stories make me want to wear a small dive knife when i board just incase....

Sec. 106-131. - Public beach restrictions.

It shall be unlawful for anyone to surf fish, surf cast or practice surf fishing or surf casting on the public beaches within 50 yards of swimmers or persons in bathing attire lying, sitting, walking, surfing or standing on any part of said public beaches or areas adjacent thereto within the corporate limits of Ocean City.

my friend did actually get hooked while scuba diving off the coast of Okinawa,Japan. he was 50ft under & was suddenly getting dragged to the surface.when he came up,he saw some random 80 year old japanese dude shaking his fist at him. he promptly held up dude's line & cut it with his dive knife,making a big show of it,to piss him off. he got hooked in the bootie & thank god he had fiber-bottom booties on or his foot would have been shredded.fiber bottom booties have a 1/2 inch thick fiber pad glued to the bottom of a regular bootie for protection from sea urchins when walking out to dive from the shallows. all these stories make me want to wear a small dive knife when i board just incase....
    how come your "friends" lungs didn't get crushed? Oh right, b.c your story is bull****

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    how come your "friends" lungs didn't get crushed? Oh right, b.c your story is bull****
    50ft down is that much pressure???

look it up - DCI - depends on how long he'd been diving, how many dives that day and last few days, how long between dives, how good of shape he's in etc.

Images
    look it up - DCI - depends on how long he'd been diving, how many dives that day and last few days, how long between dives, how good of shape he's in etc.
    Sh!t, my depth perception is terrible.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneybaloney View Post
    50ft down is that much pressure???
    Actually, it's borderline. Like said it depends on YOUR condition. The outer reef in the Dos drops to 40-50ft. The locals dive down to the bottom to grab Cong shells and Octopus...and shoot right back up to the surface.....no scuba gear at all.

no,true story & if you knew anything about diving,you'd know you'd be mostly ok only being about 50ft down.also,think about it,how hard could an 80 year old dude real you in anyway? since my friend was being dragged to the surface by his feet,he could do nothing till he got up & the line slackened. he went up at a rate slow enough to avoid getting the bends or anything serious,but he did have a headache for a day or so....