LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

WOW its Windy out

Just got back about 2 hours ago from OCNJ . It was fun but the Wind was howling. One guy had his board sitting on the sand by the pilings and all of a sudden the wind took and and it smashed against 2 pilings . Ouch is all I could say

that sucks for him. you really gotta keep your board in control on windy days like this. i had to kinda bury my backpack a little bit today in the sand to keep it from blowing away. i hate all this wind. this has been the windiest year in over a decade from what i can remember. this spring hasn't been so bad, but this whole winter it was a mess. a lot of snowricanes too. i'm supposed to have a little one on one street hockey session tomorrow morning with a buddy. that should be fun with all this wind.

yea, it's kinda crazy...i've given up resetting my porch furniture...i'll just leave it be for the time being. my neighbors whole porch get-up collapsed...the awning, the frame, everything is in a jumbled heap on the ground. really sucks.

waves were fun yesterday, but being pelted by sand in the line up got old pretty quickly. water temp has deff. dropped a bit, too. i went in after about an hour & put some gloves on.

good windsurfing weather!

I was going to go out yesterday but decided against it. Instead I checked out the cars at WW boardwalk car show. I saw a Corvette with a cracked hood from the wind snapping it backwards and a guy trying to re-adjust a hood on a 57 Nomad that a wind gust grabbed and bent the hinges. Just carrying your board yesterday was dangerous.

Arrow

the kite-surfers down in rehoboth bay,de have been loving this wind. drove by the other day & saw at least 20 sails out there.....

kiteboarding.
    windsurfing has been cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by beachbreak View Post
    kiteboarding.
    windsurfing has been cancelled
    kiteboarding gear is just too pricey to make the jump

today is epic for kiting at sandy hook