LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Beach Badges

Images
    Never bought one and never plan too. Kid told me today if I kept going pass him he would call his supervisor. So a.12 year old has to call a 16 year old then eventually police. . . . But I'm long gone before that

Images
    Yeah its a garbage policy. In Manasquan if you want to surf near the inlet you either have to get in before 9 or after 5. Or smile and chat up one of the badge police. Either way its ridiculous if you want to surf, you shouldn't have to pay a dime! But many beaches like Spring Lake don't bother you if you are just surfing. Hopefully the entire shore will adopt that policy. Surfers are the only ones who respect the beach anyway. Someone has to pay for the cleanup after Bennie's leave their Zima bottles and hair gel in the sand. Unfortunately it's us. Lame

Images
    Here's the link to the public trust doctrine... which states noone can prevent access to the public lands below the mean high water mark. Pages 10-14 outline this. http://www.state.nj.us/dep/cmp/acces...s_handbook.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Exit98Surf View Post
    Here's the link to the public trust doctrine... which states noone can prevent access to the public lands below the mean high water mark. Pages 10-14 outline this. http://www.state.nj.us/dep/cmp/acces...s_handbook.pdf
    GREAT link!!! Thanks! Im putting a waterproof print out in my wetsuit lol

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bassplayer View Post
    GREAT link!!! Thanks! Im putting a waterproof print out in my wetsuit lol
    not a bad idea, especially when the cops come up to me running their mouths. . .hahah ill stay below the mean high water mark all day!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GoodVibes View Post
    Anyone pay for a badge?Just found out my beach is charging $90 for a season pass this summer.Usually I sneak in an early session without buying a badge and the guards leave me alone.Kind of sad when alot of other beaches in other states don't even charge you for a badge.
    Wow, $90??? Most beaches around here are free, but I did buy a season pass to Volusia County so that I can drive on the beach at both the Inlets. It's normally $5 per day but $40 for the year if you get the pass. Mine has already paid for itself so the rest of the season is pretty much free. But $90??? Geez, Id probably still pay it and still end up coming out on top in the end, but that's kinda steep comparatively speaking.

RELAX dude... Not a big shock that people "sneak" on to the beach... And super cool that you know everyone that surfs there. You're so core.
    I don't know you. I surf there. And I have never paid

Quote Originally Posted by Aguaholic View Post
    YES i am hassling you because you opened your mouth....Is that hard to see?

btw - I lived in OG for many years...

And dude you don't surf there I know pretty much everyone there. Anyone, that surfs there certainly wouldn't come on here a disclose that.

I give parking tickets in wrightsville beach north carolina. Come at me bro. Read "tragedy of the commons" by Garret Harding, and tell me whether you value the alternatives to the beach badge system.

Quote Originally Posted by trevolution View Post
    I give parking tickets in wrightsville beach north carolina.
    That explains a lot.