LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 98

Thread: Beach Badges

  1. #71
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Long Buried Island
    Posts
    685
    Our beaches are crowded enough as it is, imagine how more crowded a beach would be without the badges? Just get off your wallet and pay or just surf before and after the checkers are around. Next case.

  2. #72
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    sea
    Posts
    1,344
    beach badges are nothing new,i guess some of u kids are going to the beach for the first time.congratulations!!
    I think beach badges are awesome.first of all,if your a true jersey native,you would support beach badges and bennies because that's what is going to rebuild the shore.or maybe u say fuk the bennies and il pay an extra 30% in taxes so my state can look like a warzone.and it does here in jersey,from sea bright to atlantic city.regardless your not allowed to surf on beaches for sunbathers,so whats the issue?wait til they start limiting the surfers to one beach like there doing in long beach ny.so while your home telling the internet how much your lyfe sux,then u finally get to the beach and they say go over there,thats the surf zone with a million people.there wasn't many surfers when I first started surfing back in 2002.now theres a surfshop near every beach,groms galore,and the occasional 35yr old that cant even paddle a log.its sad but I still have my empty beaches so I don't care.lets pray this summer brings in record numbers of bennies so we can restore the shore!

  3. #73
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    sea
    Posts
    1,344
    ps I can ride my bike to the beach so traffic doesn't bother me.if u don't want to pay for access,pick a different beach,or go to a private beach.theyll holler at u,but go in the water and drift a few hundred yards and your out of their hair

  4. #74
    Long Beach limits surfing to 2 beaches

    Quote Originally Posted by cepriano View Post
    beach badges are nothing new,i guess some of u kids are going to the beach for the first time.congratulations!!
    I think beach badges are awesome.first of all,if your a true jersey native,you would support beach badges and bennies because that's what is going to rebuild the shore.or maybe u say fuk the bennies and il pay an extra 30% in taxes so my state can look like a warzone.and it does here in jersey,from sea bright to atlantic city.regardless your not allowed to surf on beaches for sunbathers,so whats the issue?wait til they start limiting the surfers to one beach like there doing in long beach ny.so while your home telling the internet how much your lyfe sux,then u finally get to the beach and they say go over there,thats the surf zone with a million people.there wasn't many surfers when I first started surfing back in 2002.now theres a surfshop near every beach,groms galore,and the occasional 35yr old that cant even paddle a log.its sad but I still have my empty beaches so I don't care.lets pray this summer brings in record numbers of bennies so we can restore the shore!

  5. #75

  6. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post
    Our beaches are crowded enough as it is, imagine how more crowded a beach would be without the badges? Just get off your wallet and pay or just surf before and after the checkers are around. Next case.
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    That explains a lot.

    and sup, maybe if u read a little bit more then you could find better things to do then stand up paddle board, and how to stop being old and fat.
    scroll up and read what i wrote

  7. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    Long Beach limits surfing to 2 beaches
    what do u expect obama is president. I already told the grateful dead family i don't like hippies enough to do business with liberals this weekend.

  8. #78
    Long Beach limited surfing to 2 beaches when Bush was president and Clinton before that.

    Quote Originally Posted by trevolution View Post
    what do u expect obama is president. I already told the grateful dead family i don't like hippies enough to do business with liberals this weekend.

  9. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    very true

    Badges are a necesary evil. Anything to keep money coming in to pay for trash cans, cleanup crews and beach rakers. Case in point. There is one small spot from SH to Manasquan where you can plop down on a summer weekend day and pay nothing. Hence its unguarded and not too many trash receptacles. And you know what? The Bennies who do go there for free show their gratitude for this unique privilege by utterly trashing the living **** out of the place every weekend, all summer long. Seriously. The beer bottles, broken chairs, dirty diapers, empty lotion bottles will stay in the piles they leave it in but when the sea breeze kicks up their Burger King wrappers and plastic bags and Big Gulp cups are scattered to the winds.
    I do agree with you on the tards who visit the beaches. I live in north jersey and its become a cess pool of ignorance. Not that it wasn't already. I moved back here 2 years ago after 9 years on the west coast and in that span of time that I was gone an entirely new breed of a$$hole had mutated here. I feel like every day up here I'm living in a real life scene from the movie Idiocracy.

    Necessary evil? No, I disagree. I think the standards for what it means to be a decent human being has been drastically lowered. And the unfortunate thing about all this is...the mutants are breeding!

  10. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by cepriano View Post
    beach badges are nothing new,i guess some of u kids are going to the beach for the first time.congratulations!!
    I think beach badges are awesome.first of all,if your a true jersey native,you would support beach badges and bennies because that's what is going to rebuild the shore.or maybe u say fuk the bennies and il pay an extra 30% in taxes so my state can look like a warzone.and it does here in jersey,from sea bright to atlantic city.regardless your not allowed to surf on beaches for sunbathers,so whats the issue?wait til they start limiting the surfers to one beach like there doing in long beach ny.so while your home telling the internet how much your lyfe sux,then u finally get to the beach and they say go over there,thats the surf zone with a million people.there wasn't many surfers when I first started surfing back in 2002.now theres a surfshop near every beach,groms galore,and the occasional 35yr old that cant even paddle a log.its sad but I still have my empty beaches so I don't care.lets pray this summer brings in record numbers of bennies so we can restore the shore!
    I wish I could be stoked about having to pay to walk onto a beach but I just can't get all excited to pay a tax. Any tax for that matter, not just beaches. I don't particularly like the history NJ has with taxes of all kinds. They seem to make their way into legislation and city/town/state budgets and people start to believe taxes are the only way to make the world turn. This is a myth.

    My favorite is the toll roads. Weren't they only suppossed to be around for 2 years back in the 70's to fix some roads and then they were going to be lifted? Yeah that really worked out for the average commuter. Beach fees are not a solution, they are an exploitation and actually point out the true inefficiencies of government, not the efficiencies.

    I have a solution that could alleviate many property taxes, beach fees, etc....consolidate resources. Police, fire, dept. of education, legislators, etc. Yes, consolidate these "services." All the small towns refuse to do this. They all fight tooth and nail against this approach. I have no idea why but I have an inkling that it has something to do with politics as usual in this state.