LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Beach Badges

Quote Originally Posted by DKH76 View Post
    It's against my religion to pay to get on the beach. How can you privatize the ocean? The northeast is one massive prison with entirely too many laws and taxes. In North Carolina, beaches are non-jettied, beautiful and free to the public. New York and New Jersey are a nightmare in the summer and it's sad.
    DKH76 ur dead on. I don't understand why I should have to pay for a place that is a natural area. How can someone come in and say this beach is ours. It is a public area that was there before any development was. Now yes I know there has to be some way to pay for cleanup and other things... but there has to be a better way then telling people they have to pay to come onto what should be public land. My point being that they are proposing a hike in beach badge prices to compensate for Sandy. I believe that if you live along the beach you acknowledge the risk you are living in a place that SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN DEVELOPED. Why should I have to pay more to help you recover? Especially when I hear that in some communities the things meant to help such as dunes were actually SHOT DOWN by the community... You chose to place your house on a parcel of land who's definition is essentially an area meant to keep water from flooding the mainland... these barrier islands are constantly moving and shifting. I understand people want to live along the beach and it is a great place but you also have to realize where you live. I don't believe that I should have to pay to be on a piece of land that should have been left alone from the very beginning. These areas should have been left as natural habitats and never developed. They could have been national parks or things of that nature but never should have been developed. Just my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by NJAZguy View Post
    I wish I could be stoked about having to pay to walk onto a beach but I just can't get all excited to pay a tax. Any tax for that matter, not just beaches. I don't particularly like the history NJ has with taxes of all kinds. They seem to make their way into legislation and city/town/state budgets and people start to believe taxes are the only way to make the world turn. This is a myth.

My favorite is the toll roads. Weren't they only suppossed to be around for 2 years back in the 70's to fix some roads and then they were going to be lifted? Yeah that really worked out for the average commuter. Beach fees are not a solution, they are an exploitation and actually point out the true inefficiencies of government, not the efficiencies.

I have a solution that could alleviate many property taxes, beach fees, etc....consolidate resources. Police, fire, dept. of education, legislators, etc. Yes, consolidate these "services." All the small towns refuse to do this. They all fight tooth and nail against this approach. I have no idea why but I have an inkling that it has something to do with politics as usual in this state.
    consolidate police, fire and teachers? I don't get it

my main point is this: if you don't like to pay for the beach, pay it forward and clean up tourist trash. I gaurentee you the guy walking around the parking lots giving tickets will learn ur liscene plate mitey quick (he prolly surfs himself hence the job at the beach controling ***gots that don't like to pay for mother natures services.

either that or go on *****ing, and wait till sea level rise where there is more beaches and less people and services.

pay it forward to mother nature for trash pick up. weve been doing it in the south, hence why The Godess sandy gave us good surf, and bluntly put, just ****ed up you dirty yanks.

Quote Originally Posted by trevolution View Post
    my main point is this: if you don't like to pay for the beach, pay it forward and clean up tourist trash. I gaurentee you the guy walking around the parking lots giving tickets will learn ur liscene plate mitey quick (he prolly surfs himself hence the job at the beach controling ***gots that don't like to pay for mother natures services.

either that or go on *****ing, and wait till sea level rise where there is more beaches and less people and services.

pay it forward to mother nature for trash pick up. weve been doing it in the south, hence why The Godess sandy gave us good surf, and bluntly put, just ****ed up you dirty yanks.

i just hate surfers that think mother nature will sponsor them with free beaches, without a big payment forward. Just follow the tracts of the bigger-then-sandy (destruction wise) storms this fall, and their following the path of corruption, filth and dirt. Above the mason dixon line is all vermin and swine as far as im concerned,, besides a few family members and funny guys around the poker table.

i just hate surfers that think mother nature will sponsor them with free beaches, without a big payment forward. Just follow the tracts of the bigger-then-sandy (destruction wise) storms this fall, and their following the path of corruption, filth and dirt. Above the mason dixon line is all vermin and swine as far as im concerned,, besides a few family members and funny guys around the poker table.
    Apparently Ringling Bros does not conduct drug testing of their clowns.

Just follow the tracts of the bigger-then-sandy (destruction wise) storms this fall, and their following the path of corruption, filth and dirt. Above the mason dixon line is all vermin and swine as far as im concerned,, besides a few family members and funny guys around the poker table.
    Wow... lotta hate there, brother. I thought you were all about the peace and love. Do you seriously think that Sandy only hurt evil people? Wow...

Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    consolidate police, fire and teachers? I don't get it
    Not sure if you're being sarcastic or serious. Check it out though. It works.

http://www.njassemblyrepublicans.com/?tag=consolidation

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    Wow... lotta hate there, brother. I thought you were all about the peace and love. Do you seriously think that Sandy only hurt evil people? Wow...
    He drank himself stupid.

I forgot you guys in the South are just the cream of the crop... There is no crime in the South, no poverty, no problems right? I guess thats the way you think... your ignorance is amazing and just like brewengineer said lay off the alcohol for awhile buddy.

and sup, maybe if u read a little bit more then you could find better things to do then stand up paddle board, and how to stop being old and fat.
    scroll up and read what i wrote
    Dude, you're a parking meter nazi. C'mon man...