LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Beach Badges

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Recycled Surfer View Post
    25 cents for 10 min - what a rip. I think there is a seasonal parking pass.
    Yeah I went to 2nd street yesterday and i nearly **** when I saw the time recived for 25 sents. I was about the ask the meter maid if a bottle of lube came with 5 dollars worth of time put into a meter

And a seasonal pass that you can use in any car cost 150 dollars. You can use it at any meter but the beach side of JFK Blvd
    Last edited by MATT JOHNSON; May 17, 2010 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    Yeah I went to 2nd street yesterday and i nearly **** when I saw the time recived for 25 sents. I was about the ask the meter maid if a bottle of lube came with 5 dollars worth of time put into a meter

And a seasonal pass that you can use in any car cost 150 dollars. You can use it at any meter but the beach side of JFK Blvd

I'm not gonna say where, but there are plenty of little legal nooks and cranny's to park close to the sand with no meters.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    I'm not gonna say where, but there are plenty of little legal nooks and cranny's to park close to the sand with no meters.
    Yeah I sometimes you gotta be a ealry bird to get them . Plus weekends during the day its a family outting so All the extra stuff you gotta lug to the beach I rather pay for the parking pass. And it can be used on any car so the wife can use it during the week if she takes off and its a easy walk with 3 kids and all the beach stuff she takes

Quote Originally Posted by browndog View Post
    i don't see the big deal, any beach you go to your gonna pay!
    delaware you pay to park, up to 25cents for 10 minutes, or you can buy a $175 parking pass, the state parks charge to go on all of their beaches, between $5 and $8 a day, or $65 a season..at least most the time that money stays in the parks and is used on the beaches, why should you expect anything to be free anymore,
    Outer Banks has free parking...Everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by GoodVibes View Post
    Anyone pay for a badge?Just found out my beach is charging $90 for a season pass this summer.Usually I sneak in an early session without buying a badge and the guards leave me alone.Kind of sad when alot of other beaches in other states don't even charge you for a badge.
    I see you're from Monmouth County. Well don't be alarmed, Bradley Beach has been dealing with this since the 1920's.

From Wikipedia- "It was the first location in the United States to charge sea bathers for beach access when it minted its own tin badges in the 1920s."

$90 is a bit much though. I believe in my town it's $33 for a beach badge if you buy it in the winter (for the upcoming summer). yea, it's annoying, but it's money going toward cleaning up the town after the bennies leave on labor day.

imho charging $8 for a sandwich at Starbucks or $50 for parking for an hour is way more criminal than $50 for a full season of beach access. go figure

Hatteras=no badges,no lifeguards,no 'surfing area' flags,and free parking.
    More waves than anywhere else,too.

Images
    Zach,

I believe the section you are referring to is the block between 49th & 50th which is the ocean pines beach club - that brown building north of the gateway - which O.P. residents pay to be a part of - gives them a parking lot and i think showers and a snack bar - they own the Lot and the Building but DO NOT own the beach
    I'm betting the guy you had a run-in with also thinks the ocean pines home-owners association is a great idea too.
    Ocean Pines is not even in Ocean City it's on the mainland

Man,you would think for 1 year they would drop the price.Looking at some of these prices for a badge is ridiculous..

It's against my religion to pay to get on the beach. How can you privatize the ocean? The northeast is one massive prison with entirely too many laws and taxes. In North Carolina, beaches are non-jettied, beautiful and free to the public. New York and New Jersey are a nightmare in the summer and it's sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Koki Barrels View Post
    Badges, we don't need no stinkin' badges!