LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Beach Badges

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    Yea... sure... sorry to blow up your secret spot. Ha!

BTW... the same "solution" works everywhere, brother. I recommend we all try it.
    Don't try to come off like it's funny or you are cool...cause you can catch a bad one.

It's not a secret spot....Nor my spot.... I surf there whenever the sand bars are working. but there was NO reason for you to blow that up.

And, that "solution" does not work everywhere......you are out of your mind.

Not trying to be a d1ck but giving detailed instruction on this forum on how to get to a certain spot is just lame.

I know pretty much every lifeguard in OG....so I don't need to sneak on...it's called flow brother.
    Last edited by Aguaholic; May 12, 2010 at 06:35 PM.

i don't see the big deal, any beach you go to your gonna pay!
    delaware you pay to park, up to 25cents for 10 minutes, or you can buy a $175 parking pass, the state parks charge to go on all of their beaches, between $5 and $8 a day, or $65 a season..at least most the time that money stays in the parks and is used on the beaches, why should you expect anything to be free anymore,

Badges, we don't need no stinkin' badges!

Not trying to be a d1ck but giving detailed instruction on this forum on how to get to a certain spot is just lame.
    very true

Badges are a necesary evil. Anything to keep money coming in to pay for trash cans, cleanup crews and beach rakers. Case in point. There is one small spot from SH to Manasquan where you can plop down on a summer weekend day and pay nothing. Hence its unguarded and not too many trash receptacles. And you know what? The Bennies who do go there for free show their gratitude for this unique privilege by utterly trashing the living **** out of the place every weekend, all summer long. Seriously. The beer bottles, broken chairs, dirty diapers, empty lotion bottles will stay in the piles they leave it in but when the sea breeze kicks up their Burger King wrappers and plastic bags and Big Gulp cups are scattered to the winds.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    There is one small spot from SH to Manasquan where you can plop down on a summer weekend day and pay nothing. Hence its unguarded and not too many trash receptacles. And you know what? The Bennies who do go there for free show their gratitude for this unique privilege by utterly trashing the living **** out of the place every weekend, all summer long. Seriously. The beer bottles, broken chairs, dirty diapers, empty lotion bottles will stay in the piles they leave it in but when the sea breeze kicks up their Burger King wrappers and plastic bags and Big Gulp cups are scattered to the winds.
    Agreed. If I'm talking about where I think you're talking about. I'm so tired of playing babysitter there. The other day my wife and I filled a grocery bag with crap on our way up to the street. This particular block has receptacles too! I don't get people that think the world is their garbage can. F*cking @ssholes!

An ocean beach is too desirable a place to not have to pay in some way or another. Sure i dont like beach badges at all but protesting this isn't going to do much. New Jersey is a way too corrupt place to ever lift these beach badge laws.

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Images
    i personally would hate it, but since my dad buys season passes for my family i dont even notice it. its cool because i can lend them to my buddies when they visit or girls or what not. it'll be a pain when i actually have to buy them tho

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    The Bennies who do go there for free show their gratitude for this unique privilege by utterly trashing the living **** out of the place every weekend, all summer long. Seriously. The beer bottles, broken chairs, dirty diapers, empty lotion bottles will stay in the piles they leave it in but when the sea breeze kicks up their Burger King wrappers and plastic bags and Big Gulp cups are scattered to the winds.
    dude, i agree 100 percent with that. I work at spring lake beach and we constantly have to pick up those pieces of crap's trash. Its ridiculous. I can remember surfing at squan and seeing orange juice containers and other garbage in the water... its just not cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Aguaholic View Post
    giving detailed instruction on this forum on how to get to a certain spot is just lame.
    So... you're hassling me for telling people how to get to where I surf...to come share waves with me... and it's not even "your spot"?

Dude...that just doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by LBCrew; May 13, 2010 at 01:29 AM.

I just paid $60.00 for 3 seasonal badges - preseason rate. I hate paying it but it just aint worth the hassel arguing with the tag police. Normally I'm in and out in the morning before beach tags are needed and maybe back in the evening. Midday in the summer needs to be real good to deal with all the aholes especially on the weekend. I buy them for my family - I think kids under 12 are free. Going in with the dawn patrol has its advantages.