LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ocean, NJ
    Posts
    1,408
    Images
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by JAMMAN View Post
    There was one when I graduated in 2007 but I think it is pretty much gone now. And as far as rolling up 10 people deep, Doubtful considering only 5 kids in the club actually surfed the years I was there. Yes, you heard me right, a surf club made up of primarily people that dont even surf. Wow, thats depressing to re-read.
    They didn't surf but I'm sure they bought most of their clothes from Hollister in the Monmouth Mall.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Green Room
    Posts
    904
    Images
    8
    lol. unless they were really smart and figured out they could buy surf clothes from a surf shop. join the surf club and everyone would think they surfed even if they didn't. better yet, went out twice a year when they heard there was waves, struggle with the paddle out and sit outside the whole time then catch one, wipe out and paddle in. .and claim they are a surfer...

  3. #13
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ocean, NJ
    Posts
    1,408
    Images
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by wallysurfr View Post
    struggle with the paddle out and sit outside the whole time then catch one, wipe out and paddle in. .and claim they are a surfer...
    That's my favorite. And with only the best equipment to boot.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Zop View Post
    Monmouth Surf club? what a joke. Those kids are ***s... I love how they'd come to the the beach like 10 people deep and try to hold down the line up. Lets just say that doesnt happen anymore.
    you and the jew crew from deal try to hold down the line up and lets just say that doesnt happen ever

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    long branch
    Posts
    224
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by fupafest View Post
    I agree Monmouth's EXPENSIVE but to suggest that a Brookdale degree holds any presedence over a Monmouth University degree is greatly misleading. Education wise, I may agree with you but like anything else its all about the name.)
    im not saying it holds any presedence over a monmouth degree but you could apply for transfer and go to rutgers after, and your rutgers degree wont say anything about going to brookdale

  6. #16
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ocean, NJ
    Posts
    1,408
    Images
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by lbsurfer View Post
    im not saying it holds any presedence over a monmouth degree but you could apply for transfer and go to rutgers after, and your rutgers degree wont say anything about going to brookdale
    Exactly. Then you say you went to Rutgers U and you have a much better name on your resume than Monmouth U. My kids will never do their first two years anywhere but county, unless they get scholarships or pay for it themselves.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneybaloney View Post
    Exactly. Then you say you went to Rutgers U and you have a much better name on your resume than Monmouth U. My kids will never do their first two years anywhere but county, unless they get scholarships or pay for it themselves.
    I think the point was missed. What I'm getting at is the kid is talking about going to a university and you guys suggested Brookdale. The point I was making is he obviously wants to go to a 'real' college. Dorms, parties, surf clubs ect. Yes, you are right you can transfer but why lose two years of college going to a community school. As far as the 'kids' in the club being d*cks, I would beg to differ. Granted a lot of people who showed up didnt surf but they did more than most of the "surfers" on here. Beach clean ups, Surfrider fundraisers, comps, ect. It's like saying Surfrider is a pointless org b/c non-surfer join it. The clubs purpose wasnt to have all surfers but rather people who enjoy surf culture. Sorry that not everyone involved is as "core" as you. Also, sorry to break the news to you this is New Jersey. Its rarely bigger than overhead so enough with the corny ass localism b/c truthfully MOST of you talk a good game but can't back up a damn thing. So, word of advice, be humble. I find it funny that most of the time the least talented surfers have the most to say.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by fupafest View Post
    I think the point was missed. What I'm getting at is the kid is talking about going to a university and you guys suggested Brookdale. The point I was making is he obviously wants to go to a 'real' college. Dorms, parties, surf clubs ect. Yes, you are right you can transfer but why lose two years of college going to a community school. As far as the 'kids' in the club being d*cks, I would beg to differ. Granted a lot of people who showed up didnt surf but they did more than most of the "surfers" on here. Beach clean ups, Surfrider fundraisers, comps, ect. It's like saying Surfrider is a pointless org b/c non-surfer join it. The clubs purpose wasnt to have all surfers but rather people who enjoy surf culture. Sorry that not everyone involved is as "core" as you. Also, sorry to break the news to you this is New Jersey. Its rarely bigger than overhead so enough with the corny ass localism b/c truthfully MOST of you talk a good game but can't back up a damn thing. So, word of advice, be humble. I find it funny that most of the time the least talented surfers have the most to say.
    Well said.... Agreed.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ocean, NJ
    Posts
    1,408
    Images
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by fupafest View Post
    I think the point was missed. What I'm getting at is the kid is talking about going to a university and you guys suggested Brookdale. The point I was making is he obviously wants to go to a 'real' college. Dorms, parties, surf clubs ect. Yes, you are right you can transfer but why lose two years of college going to a community school.
    True about the social aspect, which I overlooked. But in an ideal world, academics come first. I know my world was dictated by the social aspects though.