LOGIN | REGISTER

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ocean City, MD
    Posts
    105

    hurricane season shaping up nicely

    http://www.wunderground.com/blog/Jef...?entrynum=1485

    looks like la nina might set in just in time for hurricane season...hopefully no big storms come ashore and we get a few sitting right off the coast for a few days...

    I also hope they get here before the oil does

  2. #2
    I sure hope the gulf can avoid storms until the ISH is cleaned up. If they get hit before the cleanup, it is ALL OVER with.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ocean, NJ
    Posts
    1,408
    Images
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Joyner View Post
    I sure hope the gulf can avoid storms until the ISH is cleaned up. If they get hit before the cleanup, it is ALL OVER with.
    Definitely man. That would be adding insult to injury in the worst way!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by surfnut1018 View Post
    http://www.wunderground.com/blog/Jef...?entrynum=1485

    looks like la nina might set in just in time for hurricane season...hopefully no big storms come ashore and we get a few sitting right off the coast for a few days...

    I also hope they get here before the oil does
    I tell you what I surfed belmar yesterday and the water stunk like oil and tasted funny.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by JMD View Post
    I tell you what I surfed belmar yesterday and the water stunk like oil and tasted funny.
    Most likely the smell was from the hydraulic line that busted at the sewage treatment plant and the foul taste was poop residue from the aforementioned plant

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lewes, DE
    Posts
    5,377
    Images
    121
    tropical wave heading, looking to develop further north of Puerto Rico this weekend, and hopefully bringing surf our way for the beginning of next week.

    To get a good look at this, look at the wave maps, and zoom out to East Coast.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    jersey
    Posts
    76
    Images
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    tropical wave heading, looking to develop further north of Puerto Rico this weekend, and hopefully bringing surf our way for the beginning of next week.

    To get a good look at this, look at the wave maps, and zoom out to East Coast.
    nice, im afraid to say anything too positive at this point so i dont get my hopes up

  8. #8
    with that front moving across our area monday, followed up by a low in the atlantic, we could have a fun next week!