LOGIN | REGISTER

New To Surfing, Which Board?

I heard Billa Bong makes good surfboards? Is this true? What size should I get when the waves are tall?

Images
    I don't think you can buy Billabong surfboards in North America. Are you trolling?

Images
    Yeah looks like Billabong is not sold here in the states. Visit your local surfshop and see whats available. Most surfboards today are made well, just want to keep an eye out on what the board is made of >> polyurethane or polystyrene foam covered with layers of fiberglass, cloth and polyester or epoxy resin, and the new TufLite (http://www.surftech.com/tech/Tuflite.php). You can also go with a softboard (Simular to a bodyboard), but I don't recommend it. All of these types of boards will affect your price and how ding resistant the board will be. You may want to go with an epoxy board to avoid dings.

A longboard or a funboard is a good way to learn the basics of surfing.
    If you are a skateboarder you may want to go with a slightly larger shortboard. Not sure of your hieght and weight, but a 6'2" to 6'5" is a good range to work with.

Visit this link for information on basic board designs - http://www.surfboardshack.com/board_design.html

board

If you learn on a longboard, it can sometimes be hard transitioning to a shortboard.

Bic (yes the pen company), makes good beginner boards. They are supposedly indestructable. They are heavy, but it is something you can be careless with and not worry about it. When you get better you can buy a better board. But this is what I recommend.

Images

Thumbs down Seriously a Troll

Don't waste your time responding to this.. this is lamer than a sponger joke

Geeze this is so clearly bull**** I'm surprised anyone responded, oh wait I just did .

Images
    delete thread

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SurfHardSkateHarder View Post
    I heard Billa Bong makes good surfboards? Is this true? What size should I get when the waves are tall?
    Billabong makes a great board,matter of fact it was my first board,called the King Kong model.All black and 12 feet tall.They even threw in a 7 mill Kong suit.Still got it till this day.Goodluck
    Last edited by GoodVibes; May 23, 2010 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodVibes View Post
    Billabong makes a great board,matter of fact it was my first board,called the King Kong model.All black and 12 feet tall.They even threw in a 7 mill Kong suit.Still got it till this day.Goodluck
    Now this guy knows what he's talking about