LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Images
    gotta say Cape May was fun today Waist high Semi clean . Hope tomorrow is just as good or better

I heard the oil spill in the Gulf could wrap around the coast and we could see traces of oil in the Mid Atlantic next week. Is this true or just some BS rumor.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Recycled Surfer View Post
    I heard the oil spill in the Gulf could wrap around the coast and we could see traces of oil in the Mid Atlantic next week. Is this true or just some BS rumor.
    It depends on how close the gulf stream hugs the US coast line and Swell direction and the size of the swell . I dont think thats its gonna make it this far north. I heard them say that it will get a far north as Virgina and go out to sea.

we just gotta hope for the best

why so gloom about the oil spill

they say with oily waves you will be able to surf faster and glide across the wave faster than ever. be optimistic.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by staystoked View Post
    they say with oily waves you will be able to surf faster and glide across the wave faster than ever. be optimistic.
    Dohok!!!!!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    It depends on how close the gulf stream hugs the US coast line and Swell direction and the size of the swell . I dont think thats its gonna make it this far north. I heard them say that it will get a far north as Virgina and go out to sea.

we just gotta hope for the best
    wind direction is what matters, not swell direction. Swell doesnt move oil. Wind does.

well for the next week the winds mostly out of the nother east. so then wheres the oil going to go ? back the gulf? south west? or itll just clobber flordias east coast. the oil will never make it up to new jersey. theres def no trace of the gulf stream here haha feel thewater. still going out in boots and gloves.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
    wind direction is what matters, not swell direction. Swell doesnt move oil. Wind does.
    Not necessarily...there is a gulf stream that runs from right off the coast of Florida up to North Carolina, I just watched a show on Discovery about how a ship sunk off the coast of Florida and got caught in the gulf stream while sinking and it was pulled like 80 miles before it rested on the ocean floor...there is a lot of oil underwater and if it gets caught up in the gulf stream, the current is so strong that it will only take a couple days until it's up in North Carolina...add that with a highly active hurricane season and there is a chance we could have crude washing up on our beaches....this whole thing makes me want to vomit....why has it been leaking for over a month and our government hasn't stepped in and done something about it? BP doesn't give a **** about America!

Quote Originally Posted by Koki Barrels View Post
    Not necessarily...there is a gulf stream that runs from right off the coast of Florida up to North Carolina, I just watched a show on Discovery about how a ship sunk off the coast of Florida and got caught in the gulf stream while sinking and it was pulled like 80 miles before it rested on the ocean floor...there is a lot of oil underwater and if it gets caught up in the gulf stream, the current is so strong that it will only take a couple days until it's up in North Carolina...add that with a highly active hurricane season and there is a chance we could have crude washing up on our beaches....this whole thing makes me want to vomit....why has it been leaking for over a month and our government hasn't stepped in and done something about it? BP doesn't give a **** about America!
    I believe Mitchell was talking about swell vs. wind moving oil. You're talking about a current: The Gulf Stream is not swell. He was saying that a swell will not move the oil, only wind will move it. Obviously the Gulf Stream would move the oil because it's a current.

Images
    Lets say that the gulf stream does bring some of that oil up the northeast. How much of a health risk does it pose to surf in it? I know that swimming in that stuff can't be good for you. And if you swallow some of that water you might be tossing your cookies on the ride home, but how bad is it really? Will they close down the beaches? Will there be oil washing up on shore. If so I would be one pissed off individual!