LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: Rusty Dwart

Hybrid View

Rusty Dwart

ANyone hear anything bout these or ride one????
    thoughts and feedback....

Images
    Had a Surf + 'New Toy' which is almost exactly the same. Short, wide, thick, double bump thumb tail. Rode it 2 times and sold it. Then saw it 6 months later on Craigs List. Seemed to really bog down in the mushy stuff. When it was clean, wasit +, i'd use a different board. You might use it in chest high clean waves.... but for what i got it for, it didnt work.

Other board I had seen was the greased rascal by proctor who knows how ill swing the $ to get another board but you know were all looking always hahaha

Images
    Just saw the Rascal 2 in TransWorld Surf. I think that would be more conducive to NJ waves...

got that mag the other day and seen the rascal and then went to the proctor site to see what it was all about.....they have a couple different boards within the rascal fam
    jsut need a new all around board

Images
    I ride a Timmy Patterson Rising Sun and love it. Wide full volume shortboard that can catch anything from knee high on up.

Quote Originally Posted by bricktuckyjohn View Post
    Other board I had seen was the greased rascal by proctor who knows how ill swing the $ to get another board but you know were all looking always hahaha
    I have had an Apache for a year and a half now, and it is easily the board I ride the most. Thing works in anything from Assa waist high mushburgers to overhead suckouts at ss.

36 ? you're younger than me , lighter than me and get better surf !

so you'll do fine on a 5'8" as Xtremeliquidshredda said ! Any bigger it will feel like a boat !

Regarding volume : Keep in mind the Dwart carries more under your chest and the nose,with the widepoint more forward than a Piranha so It catches waves easily and generates instant speed on takeoff . The rusty "quadratic formula" places the fins closer to the stringer . So you get the speed of a quad with the pivot of a thruster. I like the stretch quad template. I haven't ridden it as a thruster.
    ~ good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Henny View Post
    36 ? you're younger than me , lighter than me and get better surf !

so you'll do fine on a 5'8" as Xtremeliquidshredda said ! Any bigger it will feel like a boat !

Regarding volume : Keep in mind the Dwart carries more under your chest and the nose,with the widepoint more forward than a Piranha so It catches waves easily and generates instant speed on takeoff . The rusty "quadratic formula" places the fins closer to the stringer . So you get the speed of a quad with the pivot of a thruster. I like the stretch quad template. I haven't ridden it as a thruster.
    ~ good luck
    Thank you again mark
    I will be in mind your good advice
    I decided on the 5.8, now I just need to know where can I buy. The truth is that I prefer the boards made in USA, but I can't find any store that send to Spain and have fCS system
    Thx