LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Used Surfboard

Used Surfboard

My friend is just getting into surfing and I'm wonder if anyone has any used board for sale. He's looking for a fun shape or a long board perhaps just anything that is easy to learn on. He isn't really looking to spend anything over $200. Thanks

6'4" Canyon Fish Twin Fin Super Thick and wide good board to get into surfing. Easier to store and transport to and from the beach versus the lonboard. He wants 240 but im sure would take a little less.
    Last edited by Surfskater; May 23, 2010 at 10:14 PM.

just check out craigslist.. this was the first one that popped up for delaware http://delaware.craigslist.org/spo/1755811932.html

Good find Mikey!

Images
    http://www.swellinfo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8008

Check out the second board on that thread. If your friend is remotely talented in surfing he will get bored with a fun-shape or longboard very quickly. I learned on a board very similar to that and it was perfect for me.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by S2Kreative View Post
    If your friend is remotely talented in surfing he will get bored with a fun-shape or longboard very quickly.

Thats kinda a bold statement

Na hes never surfed in his life and were trying to get something easy to learn on like a fun shape or a roundfish but thanks fore the heads up

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    Thats kinda a bold statement
    It is but I feel like its valid. If you start out riding a fun-shape or a longboard and are interested in that type of riding style then typically id imagine they will want to upgrade to a more specific type of board very quickly (ie, straight nose rider, performance longboard, whatever) You don't see too many people progressing and getting good at surfing and sticking with a fun-shape. I sold the Walden mini-magic I had because it felt like funshape, Its too small to nose-ride and too long to turn it like a shortboard.

This is not some longboard bashing post, I own longboards, Alaias, standup boogies, fishes, and shortboards. Just voicing an opinion.
    Last edited by S2Kreative; May 24, 2010 at 03:39 PM.

mid-length eggs are functional

Images
    If the newb eventually wants to surf a shortboard, then I agree he'll get tired of the longboard. The fun shape, in my opinon, is not good for anyone who plans on sticking with it because almost everyone gets tired of them.