LOGIN | REGISTER

New board recommendations

I am looking for a good short board that is fun to play around with in choppy surf (i.e. a quad fish). I used to own a Lost round nose fish 5' 10'' but now I am looking for something new. I have looked at Firewire's Quad Fish and several epoxy custom boards but can't make up my mind. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Well, it depends on a lot of things (waves / height / weight / experience) but I would not recommend an epoxy surfboard for choppy surf conditions because of the lack of flex they have, most likely you will have a hard time. For choppy surf its better to stay with PU.

Images
    Talk to a shaper in you area if there is one . They will set you in the right direction. It also depends on what was stated above and what kinda surfer you are (style).

Images
    Go with the above.... Epoxy is great for clean conditions but is a hard paddle when it's chop and drifty. Local shapers know your surf and we'll set you in the best postion for a good board for your needs.

Lost plank

Th lost plank is super fun, go get one and you will love 1 foot surf!

Thanks for the info guys i settled on a 5' 8'' Channel Islands Skinny Fish. So far its been rockin'!