LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    It is a side note for now because it's current impact on people is minimal. Most people could care less if a few dolphins or a bunch of shrimp die.

In the grand scheme of things going on today like the insane federal deficit, possible major war with North Korea, etc, the spill is not a big issue for most people.
    What in the world are you smoking?

some f-ing idiot was in the lineup the other day saying "im sure this has happened naturally lots of times in the past, the earth will just clean it up" i wanted to lean over and slap a *****

Quote Originally Posted by windswellsucks View Post
    some f-ing idiot was in the lineup the other day saying "im sure this has happened naturally lots of times in the past, the earth will just clean it up" i wanted to lean over and slap a *****
    oh yea...the earth frequently spews oil out of itself at a rate of thousands of barrels a day! only it's not oil, it's ash & lava, & it's still a f--king disaster when it happens!

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.

Images
    I heard something on CNN that when this all happened that a company in Russia that cleans up oil spills and such said they can have the oil well capped within 48 hours . This is when the oil leak first started . BP told them there services where not needed and they could have it done faster. Looks like they were wrong

This world is so f***ed up. Seriously think the end is near. Im usally a positive guy but then signs are every where.

Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    I heard something on CNN that when this all happened that a company in Russia that cleans up oil spills and such said they can have the oil well capped within 48 hours . This is when the oil leak first started . BP told them there services where not needed and they could have it done faster. Looks like they were wrong
    man, i really hope this isn't true. i suspect that it prob. will prove to be, but i really hope it isn't. if this is the case, it would be such gross negligence on the part of bp. it's fine that they tried on their own, but when 48hrs came & went, they should have contacted the company & given them the ok to take a shot at capping the well.

hi all, i'm new to the website and don't know much about surfing or how the ocean works, but I'm going on vacation to the outer banks in August, whats the likelihood of it being covered in oil? Assuming the gulf stream is what would carry the oil up the east coast correct? Also when would I start seeing the effects in Jersey?

Images
    Everyone keeps asking that same question about the oil venturing up the coast. There have not YET been any traces of that, have there?

I asked my dad about it last week. He works at NOAAs field office in D.C. and he said that NOAA did believe that it was going to creep up the east coast, but barely any of it would reach the Carolinas, and when it does, most of it will be swept out to sea at the gulf stream. He lives in Coastal MD and said that as of right now, the long term affects are not projected to hit the mid-atlantic all that badly when its all said and done..

But again, have there been any traces, even in Northern/Central Florida? Or is all of this just an assumption. I mean, put 100 trillion gallons on oil in the ocean, it will travel, but has anything happened yet?

no one knows the answer to whats going to happen. hell runoff alone puts massive amounts of oil in the oceans every year - i wonder what the actual amount is? of course this is much more spread out vs the concentrated 3milex2milex300ft deep oil slick