LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

Waterproof Watches

I'm looking for something around $50 that I can wear while surfing. I have a waterproof Nixon, but its stainless and not good for surfing. Should I just go old school and pick up the Shark Freestyle? It would be great if it kept the tides too, but I know that will run more money. The real key is that its waterproof and not just resistant.

Images
    sick rip curl on whiskey right now for $50. Stainless though. I just have an old school shark watch i leave in my car and throw on if I have to get out at a certain time. It's got a metal face and rubber straps, so less chance of it dinging my board up...

It's the best feeling when it's firing and i don't have to put it on because it doesn't matter when I get out...

It's the worst when it's firing and I know I'm only able to get a 45 minute sesh in...

Images
    Freestyle Tide 3.0...best tide watch as far as function. It's my everyday beater watch! Water Proof..easy to use..etc.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wallysurfr View Post
    sick rip curl on whiskey right now for $50. Stainless though. I just have an old school shark watch i leave in my car and throw on if I have to get out at a certain time. It's got a metal face and rubber straps, so less chance of it dinging my board up...
    I saw that one, but its pretty similar to my Nixon.

Quote Originally Posted by LOSTsoul View Post
    Freestyle Tide 3.0...best tide watch as far as function. It's my everyday beater watch! Water Proof..easy to use..etc.
    Done, found it for $60 on Amazon!

Images
    http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-FREESTYLE-SH...item439f87ba66

this is the one I have minus the tide function. It's super light and durable. The thing has been ticking for like 10 years without changing the battery.

6. i have a nixon low down and a nixon outsider tide i like them both but the low down was only like 90 bucks. awsome beat around surf watch. heres a link
    http://www.boardco.com/nixon/shopdis...cts.asp?page=3

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneybaloney View Post
    I'm looking for something around $50 that I can wear while surfing. I have a waterproof Nixon, but its stainless and not good for surfing. Should I just go old school and pick up the Shark Freestyle? It would be great if it kept the tides too, but I know that will run more money. The real key is that its waterproof and not just resistant.
    Have had the same freestyle shark watch for 7 years now. SICK. It is the tide watch version. All black rubber/plastic. Sickest watch ever. Have taken that thing to hell and back. It was less than $100 AND AWESOME.

QS Moondak, with tides, et al... $95.

Images
    Thanks guys. I went with the Freestyle Tide 3.0 for $60 shipped from Amazon!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneybaloney View Post
    Thanks guys. I went with the Freestyle Tide 3.0 for $60 shipped from Amazon!
    You will not be disappointed.