LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: Scuba wetsuit

Scuba wetsuit

I just scored a brand new O'neill scuba wetsuit that is 7mm for $99 at a Marshalls. I was wondering if it is worth keeping it or returning it because I dont do scuba diving but I would use it for surfing. I am very thin and small so a 7mm may do me well. Whats everyones take on using a scuba wetsuit as a surfing one? It is a sector HOODED.

http://www.killerdana.com/killerdana...2356&dl_id=94&

It seems ti have plenty of flex for me. I may just try it out.
    Last edited by surfde; May 30, 2010 at 01:28 AM.

Images
    You will definatly be warm but you wont have good flex out of it that you would a regulare surfing wetsuit cause of the thickness and weight of it

Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    You will definatly be warm but you wont have good flex out of it that you would a regulare surfing wetsuit cause of the thickness and weight of it
    yea it seems to have plenty of flex for me.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by surfde View Post
    yea it seems to have plenty of flex for me.
    I rember diving suits being very restrictive in movement. Maybe they caught up with wetsuit tecnology. It gotta be a heavy suit I would guess .

It's a bit heavy. I think it would be fine for basic surfing. It may be restrictive for doing anything such as cutbacks but for very cod winter days I think it will be great just to get out on.

Quote Originally Posted by surfde View Post
    Whats everyones take on using a scuba wetsuit as a surfing one?
    not good..7 mm is way more than you need on the Delmarva and the missing hood sucks when the water/air is in the 30s and you might actually want the 7 mm rubber.

Oh it has a hood.