LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Yes the world is coming to an end....REPENT this all shall pass. All shall be judged

Quote Originally Posted by BonerSurfs View Post
    And hey just throwing it out there... Not saying I believe it 100%. But there is a conspiracy theory that the US government letting this oil spill continue in order to avert the american public and media from coving what is going on in North Korea right now. North Korea pretty much inches away from causing a full on nuclear world war right now... **** is ****ed UP!!!

And P.S. Just one more little tid bit of ****ed up news. Their dumping this chemical (forget what its called) all over the oil spill in order to "slow the flow." This chemical was supposed to be banned because it is proven to cause cancer. The tests showed that .1 percent of this chemical in ambient air samples caused bouts of cancer in test rats. Well they have been dumping sooo much of this stuff that ambient air samples along the gulf coast are at .9 percent.

Just makes me sick thinking that our government is supporting dropping ridiculous amounts of a chemical that is known to cause cancer. The worse part to think about is that some bureaucrat probably owns the chemical company that is responsible for making this ****, and is profiting off of all this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am from Gulf Coast Florida and am really quite upset but people can blame BP, they can blame the president and they can even blame themselves but what people should be doing is looking forward to the future. The spill has already happened so get over who started it. Instead of pointing fingers and threatening to blow up gas stations think about what you can do as an individual to help clean-up and prevent future disasters.

Pointing fingers and freaking out is counterproductive. Join your local Surfrider chapter and help clean the beaches. you can even go to La. and help.

LETS HOPE ALL THE HURRICANES SKIRT THE EAST COAST AND MISS THE GULF. GOOD SURF FOR US AND NO FURTHER SPREAD FOR THEM.

NK-->

As far as, north korea goes, you must be having a laugh if you think that the world is on the verge of nuclear war. First of all, this type of aggressive action by North Korea has happened numerous times in recent history, including a bombing in 1983 that killed 17 senior South Korean officials, as well as another North Korean bomb that downed a South Korean airliner flying from Baghdad to Seoul in 1987 killing 115. I think senior pentagon officials really dont believe that Kim Jong Il will start a war with the south because he knows he cannot win. And in the off chance that Kim Dong Il really beleives he could be victorious and launches a ballistic missile at s. korea, Japan, or the US there is no way that missile would reach its intended destination. On numerous ocassions in the past two years Defense Secretary Gates and JCS Adm. Mullen have both claimed that a N. Korean missile would be knocked out of the sky by US missile defense systems. I think, and this is just my opninon, that Kim Jong knows that if he were to start a proper war with Seoul, Tokyo, or Washington that the chance he would lose his current power would be almost gaurenteed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulfcoast7 View Post
    .....people can blame BP, they can blame the president and they can even blame themselves but what people should be doing is looking forward to the future. The spill has already happened so get over who started it. Instead of pointing fingers and threatening to blow up gas stations think about what you can do as an individual to help clean-up and prevent future disasters.

Pointing fingers and freaking out is counterproductive. Join your local Surfrider chapter and help clean the beaches. you can even go to La. and help.
    But it's so much easier to log on here anonymously and whine.

Besides, if I devote my personal time to cleaning up the mess, I won't have any time to conjure & post conspiracy theories like some super secret element clandestinely placing charges at 5000 fsw and making it look like an accident or a US Navy sub torpedoing a South Korean ship and making it look like North Korea did it.

Seriously, Gulfcoast.....get with the program. Now if you'll excuse me.....I gotta get back to my Xbox, now.

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    And hey just throwing it out there... Not saying I believe it 100%. But there is a conspiracy theory that the US government letting this oil spill continue in order to avert the american public and media from coving what is going on in North Korea right now. North Korea pretty much inches away from causing a full on nuclear world war right now... **** is ****ed UP!!!

And P.S. Just one more little tid bit of ****ed up news. Their dumping this chemical (forget what its called) all over the oil spill in order to "slow the flow." This chemical was supposed to be banned because it is proven to cause cancer. The tests showed that .1 percent of this chemical in ambient air samples caused bouts of cancer in test rats. Well they have been dumping sooo much of this stuff that ambient air samples along the gulf coast are at .9 percent.

Just makes me sick thinking that our government is supporting dropping ridiculous amounts of a chemical that is known to cause cancer. The worse part to think about is that some bureaucrat probably owns the chemical company that is responsible for making this ****, and is profiting off of all this.
    the government doesnt care after all next year i think we go on the governments health care plan.

Images
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100601/...gulf_oil_spill

This is cool...maybe illegal stuff going on.

Images
    Joseph Hazelwood, captain of the Exxon Valdez supertanker that ran aground off Alaska's coast in 1989, was acquitted of being drunk when the accident occurred, but convicted of a misdemeanor for negligent oil discharge. He was fined $50,000 and ordered to perform 1,000 hours of community service.

Hong Kong-based Fleet Management Ltd. paid a $10 million fine after pleading to obstruction charges following a 2007 oil spill after one of the company's cargo ships struck the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge. The ship's pilot pleaded guilty to misdemeanors and was sentenced to 10 months in prison.

The government would have a lower burden of proof in a civil case. In the Valdez spill, thousands of fishermen, cannery workers, landowners and Native Americans were initially awarded $5 billion in punitive damages, but the amount was eventually reduced to $507.5 million.

So let me get this straight the captain of the Valdez was drunk when he ran his ship aground spilling more than 11 million gallons of crude oil and in turn caused the largest oil spill in US history and he gets 1000 hours of community service? Are you kidding me?

mandatory minimum sentence for felony dui (Alaska)

A felony dui conviction has mandatory minimum sentence requirements if there is no prior felony conviction of any sort. The mandatory minimum punishments are as follows. The maximum sentence is not limited to 1 year of jail, as is the case with misdemeanors.

* 120 days jail,
    * $10,000.00 fine, and
    * Lifetime driver's license revocation.
    Thats for driving a car! This guy was in control of a 1000ft long vessel full of oil and he was drinking?! Ha goes to show you who is in control.

Ok wow... Turns out the CEO of BP owns the chemical manufacturing company that is making this chemical. Man this guy is like a straight up james bond villain!!!

Proof please.

Unhappy

maybe not drunk but he blew .068
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_...t-Exxon_Valdez

August is "best case scenario" for killing the well. 30 years ago we killed a gushing well in the gulf by the same method. It continued spilling oil into the gulf for 7 months. Oh yeah, that one wasn't a mile down in the great blue

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.