LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.

Quote Originally Posted by 609Surfer View Post
    We just have built up hatred because we are surfers and therefore are environmentally conscious. Obviously this is horrible though.

Also I bet in some big conference room with nice chairs and a polished desk this was voted on. So don't put all of the blame on Tony Hayward.
    I don't put all of the blame on Tony Hayward or BP. I also blame our government for deregulating the oil industry.

Quote Originally Posted by barrels4liam View Post
    I think there are different degrees of risk. The mom and pop business taking safety risks and a company who knows it could pollute the entire Gulf for decades is slightly different.

Hey, all in the name of good old fascism.
    Nah, not so much fascism as one of those other "isms": capitalism.

Quote Originally Posted by 609Surfer View Post
    Ask any big time company whether they'd take the risk of safety to make an enormous profit, and I bet it'd b a resounding yes. BP is to blame, I won't disagree there. But any company would take that risk I'd assume.
    I guess that makes it right, huh? Whatever happened to ethics? There are no more morals or ethics in this country. It's whoever ends up with the most toys wins, sad.
    Last edited by barrels4liam; Jun 9, 2010 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Nah, not so much fascism as one of those other "isms": capitalism.
    Capitalism is a good thing. The problem is fascism when companies really run the show. Our politicans are just puppets for large corporations and they make us believe that who you vote for matters. Most are owned by corporations and write legislation benefiting the corporations who greased their palms. They lobby to government to not impose any regulations. BP owns Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by barrels4liam View Post
    BP owns Obama.
    Then who's ass is he going to kick?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray F. View Post
    I guess an imaginary enemy since that was a PR stunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray F. View Post
    They'll have to kick each others ass for doing such a bad job.

Thumbs down He...

...only cares about his own existance...I'm sure he has $100 million in stock options that are about to be worth zilch. The whole management team especially the one i'm hearing about that directed the drilling shortcuts to use salt water instead of drilling mud should especially be targeted and reduced to a homeless troll...

If they cannot guarentee immediate safeguards for accidents they don't need to be in business...I am a republican but I cannot see how the rank and file republicans can defend this industries actions of not holding them fully accountable.

Quote Originally Posted by cjswee View Post
    ...only cares about his own existance...I'm sure he has $100 million in stock options that are about to be worth zilch. The whole management team especially the one i'm hearing about that directed the drilling shortcuts to use salt water instead of drilling mud should especially be targeted and reduced to a homeless troll...

If they cannot guarentee immediate safeguards for accidents they don't need to be in business...I am a republican but I cannot see how the rank and file republicans can defend this industries actions of not holding them fully accountable.

I don't think anybody is defending their actions but guess what, accidents DO happen. Bad decisions were made that made it worse and BP will pay for that. They are already paying if you look at their value. There are so many simplistic thinkers on here who think this is such an easy fix or somehow greed is responsible. if anything, greed will prevent another accident since other companies are looking at how much BP is losing and will realize that a little upfront investment in safety will prevent major revenue hemorrhages later.